Re: [infoguys-list] InfoGuys Listserve

  • RLPCLI
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 1998
      Bill: The easiest method is to use the skidmark/speed nomograph (chart) from
      The Traffic Accident Investigation Manual (J. Stannard Baker -- Northwestern
      University Traffic Institute). It may not be admissible, but will tell you
      whether you need to go further with speed/skidmark formulae. If you don't
      have the book, let me know, and I'll fax you a copy of the chart. This
      determination has been quickly made more difficult with the advent of anti-
      lock brakes (ABS systems), as they don't leave true skidmarks.

      Congratulations on and thanks for establishing another communication medium
      for us.

      Bob

      Robert L. Parke, CLI
      P.O. Box 156
      Monticello, FL 32345
      850/997-2284
      fax /997-6919

      Robert L. Parke, CLI
      ----
    • Vic Winkler
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 1998
        Greetings,

        By way of introduction, my name is vic winkler.

        I have approximately 20 years of hard-core experience in information
        technology, beginning with software system development (from concept to
        implementation). I am an expert in information security, and have
        been the "concept guy" behind a score or so R&D projects in security.

        Currently I am the principal architect for security at Sun Microsystems
        in the Federal business area.

        This is a very interesting time for information security, there has been
        much change, and as Bill knows, increasing overlap with many other areas
        such as the one Bill works in.

        Best wishes,
        vic

        > InfoGuys is Owned and Operated
        > by William D. Shelton & Associates
        > Investigative Information Services
        > P.O. Box 17222
        > Alexandria, VA 22302
        > 800-252-0127
        > webmaster@...
        > http://infoguys.com
        >
        > ----
        > --
      • Webmaster
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 1998
          Hi Bob & List,

          Thanks, Bob!! I could use something like that. Please, if you can, fax it on
          over (703-931-0099). I'll see if I can get copy permission and put it on
          the web.

          Bill Shelton
          webmaster@...
          http://infoguys.com