NCOA --Old fashion way or is there a database?

  • David Kopel
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
      Members:

      Does everyone do the old fashion Postal Searches by mailing to the postmaster or physically meeting with the postmaster to obtain a FORWARDING ADDRESS on FILE?

      Are there other resources for POSTAL SEARCHES in confirming an address. In Maryland we can subserve a document on a RELATIVE at a residenmce address ONLY IF The defendant's mail and/or MVA records are listed to that residence...

      Some website say:
      "We will take your database and match it against the Postal Service's National Change of Address file and update it with consumer or business moves up to 3½ years old. "

      David Kopel, President 410-823-4444 ext 118
      www.LEGALPAPERS.net & david@...
      "Turning Judgments into Garnishments"

    • Ron Rugen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
        David, et al
        I'm sure there will be several posts on this. I worked for the postal
        service for nine years. Having said that, I've noticed some here like to
        mail it in while others go in person. It depends on volume. But, trust me,
        if you mail them in you will get in the stack with requests from child
        support, welfare, etc. It's best you make an in person visit and be patient
        with them. The clerk (who may be a PTF (part-time flexible))may not be
        trained in this particular area so at first make them your friend and if
        they aren't familiar with the process, tell them what is normally done. Use
        the jargon so they know you know what you are talking about. Ask them to
        check their "directory" for any CFS (computer forwarding system, the folks
        who put on the yellow forwarding labels) cards that have been filled out.
        The larger the post office the greater chance they may have to take it to
        the carrier's casing area.
        IF then, they aren't cooperating not out of lack of knowledge for this area
        but because they are being a brick wall, then ask to see the postmaster or
        supervisor.
        HOWEVER, if you have some time, a good method is to send an envelope (even
        with a blank sheet of paper inside) to the target. You don¹t even have to
        put your name as the sender just your PO Box and address. In big letters,
        however, above the target address put:
        RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED, DO NOT FORWARD
        I'm thinking of even going to Office Depot and having one of these stamps
        made.

        ===================
        Ron Rugen, LPI
        Heartland Judgment Recovery
        & Investigations
        Nationwide Hand Searches for County Criminal & DMVs; National Skip Traces
        Licensed/Bonded through the City of Columbia, MO
        Member: IAPI € NAIS € CAJP
        rugen@...
        Investigations - http://YourPrivateDetective.com
        info@...
        Judgment/Debt Collections - http://GetMyCash.com info@...
        Surveillance, Judgment Recovery, Process Service, Skip Tracing, Witness
        Interviews, Personal Injury Investigations, Worker's Comp/Sub Rosa, Asset
        Checks, Background Screenings, Research, Collections, Phone/E-Mail Traces,
        and General Investigations