RE: [infoguys-list] press release

  • RGC
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18 4:27 PM
      "P R O F E S S I O N"! the word describing the investigative business is
      "profession". we do not manufacture (I hope). Manufacturing is the
      foundation of industry.

      Get it right. Please do not embarrass we professionals.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19 5:20 PM
        Following blurb was from the franchise website:
        "Nationally recognized criminal defense attorney Mickey Sherman, defense
        counsel for Michael Skakel, in the 23 year old Martha Moxley murder case in
        Connecticut stops by the Case In Point Franchise Booth at a recent National
        Defender Investigators conference in Philadelphia. Pictured with Mr. Sherman
        is Case In Point�s sales manager Joseph Spaulding."

        Skakel was convicted, wasn't he? So much for cookie-cutter investigations
        training.

        Ray Madison

      • tom sisk
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20 6:08 AM
          While I am not nec. a fan of this sort of operation, the fact that Skakel was convicted can't be considered determinative of the quality of the work done on his case - if that work was even done by these folks. You can put together the best case in the world, for or against someone, and still all bets are off once it goes into the courtroom.

          As a police investigator I decided early on that my case ended at the courthouse door - I didn't care if they bought the guy pizza and sent him home. There's just no way to know what is going to happen.

          > Skakel was convicted, wasn't he? So much for cookie-cutter investigations
          > training.

          Tom Sisk
          E. Thomas Sisk Investigations
          PO Box 9234
          Chapel Hill, NC 27312
          (919) 218-8956
          (888) 605-0923 pager
          etsi@...

        • Raven
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20 7:28 AM
            The cookie cutter approach is sort of like that approach taken by some
            companies who want to garner a large part of the insurance investigations
            business. They pay terribly low pay for their surveillance people (in some
            cases less thatn 15 per hour), they do not pay all expenses and do not pay
            for time spent in report preparation, even though that is passed on to a
            customer. Their investigations units are not vetted and usually there is no
            formal advanced training. People come and go like the fast food industry.

            While this is in my opinion and way to fast turn $$ it is not the way I want
            to do it nor does our organization.

            My opinion for what its worth (that plus $$ will get a cuppa)

            Ed Hodges
            Pegasus III Group
            Dallas Texas
            While I am not nec. a fan of this sort of operation, the fact that Skakel
            was convicted can't be considered determinative of the quality of the work
            done on his case - if that work was even done by these folks. You can put
            together the best case in the world, for or against someone, and still all
            bets are off once it goes into the courtroom.

            As a police investigator I decided early on that my case ended at the
            courthouse door - I didn't care if they bought the guy pizza and sent him
            home. There's just no way to know what is going to happen.

            > Skakel was convicted, wasn't he? So much for cookie-cutter
            investigations
            > training.

            Tom Sisk
            E. Thomas Sisk Investigations
            PO Box 9234
            Chapel Hill, NC 27312
            (919) 218-8956
            (888) 605-0923 pager
            etsi@...

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
            To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
            cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

          • tom sisk
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 20 9:16 AM
              Absolutely - I agree with you completely. My only point was that I would not
              want the final court outcome to be considered definitive as to the quality
              of my work - I do good work, and whether my guy wins in court (or not) is
              not indicative of what I did on his behalf.
              I can't really address the nature or quality of the training one gets with
              this franchise operation, because I don't have any express information about
              it. There would seem to be some inherent problems with it, but I don't know
              that that is the reality of their business. Not enough info.

              > While this is in my opinion and way to fast turn $$ it is not the way I
              want
              > to do it nor does our organization.

              Tom Sisk
              E. Thomas Sisk Investigations
              PO Box 9234
              Chapel Hill, NC 27312
              (919) 218-8956
              (888) 605-0923 pager
              etsi@...
            • Vicki Siedow
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 20 11:01 AM
                Not always so. I have an interest in another company that does nothing but
                insurance defense. We pay a respectable rate, and do train each person
                individually to do things standardly. Insurance companies don't like to pay
                a lot, but we feel that with high quality people and products we will get
                volume, and will have less hassles than we would with underpaid,
                under-trained personnel. So far it's working out.

                I agree with Tom. An investigator should always conduct the best possible
                investigation, but the variables of the Judge, jury, testimony, etc. take
                the predictability out of the picture. You have to do your best and then be
                willing to experience anything.

                Vicki Siedow
                Siedow & Associates Investigations
                & Custom Attorney Support Services
                2629 Foothill Blvd. # 262
                La Crescenta, Ca 91214
                818-242-0130
                818-688-3295 fax
                Siedow@...
                CA PI #22852

              • foxgrantuk@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 28 6:32 AM
                  hi Group you may be interested to know of a site here in the UK that has
                  just started to enable agents to know who are bad/slow payers.

                  <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.co.uk/enquiryagent/index.html">Ask before you accept the instruction</A>

                  With advance knowledge of their performance, it means agents can either
                  accept the instruction or insist on an advance fee.

                  If you have similar agents or lawyers that you feel we all ought to know
                  about, either side of the water then you can Email the site at
                  EnquiryAgent@....

                  Cheers, Martin Grant

                  F O X G R A N T A G E N C Y
                  Solicitors Agents, Process Servers & Enquiry Agents

                  Telephone: 01235 769769
                  Email: <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">foxgrantuk@...</A>
                  Website: www.enquiryagent.net <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">Fox Grant Uk Solicitors 1st Choice</A>
                  fax: 01235 772323
                  DX 40764 Wantage
                  Waterside Chambers, Station Road, Oxfordshire, OX12 0DH.
                  Martin Grant member of the Association of British Investigators
                  You may not see us, but we can be there
                  This Email is confidential, it does not form a contract, it is subject to
                  contract, and without prejudice

                  CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
                  This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and/or
                  confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
                  or entity named/indicated above. If you are not the identified/intended
                  recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution to another
                  person or format, or use of the contents of this message/information is
                  prohibited. If you are not the indicated recipient or have received this
                  message in error please return it to the sender immediately and copy your
                  communication to ExecutivePostmaster@... Please then delete
                  your copy from your system.

                  Any information contained within this report is provided in good faith, and
                  for your information and personal use only, and is not intended for
                  disclosure without prior authority. It is accordingly provided without any
                  liability for its accuracy attaching to Fox Grant Agency, its officers,
                  servants or agents.