Re: [infoguys-list] Sub serve

  • Vicki Siedow
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2003
      That's subcontracting, not the answer to this question.

      Vicki Siedow
      Siedow & Associates Investigations
      & Custom Attorney Support Services
      2629 Foothill Blvd. # 262
      La Crescenta, Ca 91214
      818-242-0130
      818-688-3295 fax
      Siedow@...
      CA PI #22852
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2003
        Here's the California Code of Civil Procedure (section 415.20) language re
        sub-serving a summons and complaint on (1) businesses and (2) individuals. Maybe it
        will help you understand.

        (a) In lieu of personal delivery of a copy of the summons and of the complaint to
        the person to be served as specified in Section 416.10, 416.20, 416. 30, 416.40, or
        416.50, a summons may be served by leaving a copy of the summons and of the complaint
        during usual office hours in his or her office with the person who is apparently in
        charge thereof, and by thereafter mailing a copy of the summons and of the complaint
        (by first-class mail, postage prepaid) to the person to be served at the place where
        a copy of the summons and of the complaint were left. Service of a summons in this
        manner is deemed complete on the 10th day after such mailing.
        (b) If a copy of the summons and of the complaint cannot with reasonable diligence
        be personally delivered to the person to be served as specified in Section 416.60,
        416.70, 416.80, or 416.90, a summons may be served by leaving a copy of the summons
        and of the complaint at such person's dwelling house, usual place of abode, usual
        place of business, or usual mailing address other than a United States Postal Service
        post office box, in the presence of a competent member of the household or a person
        apparently in charge of his or her office, place of business, or usual mailing
        address other than a United States Postal Service post office box, at least 18 years
        of age, who shall be informed of the contents thereof, and by thereafter mailing a
        copy of the summons and of the complaint (by first-class mail, postage prepaid) to
        the person to be served at the place where a copy of the summons and of the complaint
        were left. Service of a summons in this manner is deemed complete on the 10th day
        after the mailing.

        Attorney Janice M. Crowell
        3707 5th Avenue, #619
        San Diego, CA 92103-4221
        Tel. 619-298-1400
        Fax 619-298-1468

        href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogr
        oups.com</a><br/>
        To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
        href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yah
        oogroups.com</a><br/>

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        ---
      • A Grudko
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 22, 2003
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 23, 2003
            Hi Group, here in the UK, sub service is only allowed on a Statutory Demand
            which is a preliminary document to going down the Bankruptcy Petition route,
            provided that you are able to give a good account of why you believe it would
            have been brought to the persons attention; and that a letter of appointment
            was left previously at the address with various contact options on it, eg
            address, phone, fax, and Email.

            Other process for sub service has to be with the Judge's permission.

            And leaving the documents with a wife, parent employer, flat mate etc, is an
            absolute non service of documents.

            Should you require assistance or advice in the UK for whatever reason, feel
            free to contact me.

            Cheers, Martin Grant.

            F O X G R A N T A G E N C Y
            Solicitors Agents, Process Servers & Enquiry Agents

            Telephone: 01235 769769
            Email: <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">foxgrantuk@...</A>
            Website: www.enquiryagent.net <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">Fox Grant Uk Solicitors 1st Choice</A>
            fax: 01235 772323
            DX 40764 Wantage

            Waterside Chambers, Station Road, Oxfordshire, OX12 0DH.
            Martin Grant member of the Association of British Investigators
            You may not see us, but we can be there
            This Email is confidential, it does not form a contract, it is subject to
            contract, and without prejudice

            CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
            This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and/or
            confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
            or entity named/indicated above. If you are not the identified/intended
            recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution to another
            person or format, or use of the contents of this message/information is
            prohibited. If you are not the indicated recipient or have received this
            message in error please return it to the sender immediately and copy your
            communication to ExecutivePostmaster@... Please then delete
            your copy from your system.

            Any information contained within this report is provided in good faith, and
            for your information and personal use only, and is not intended for
            disclosure without prior authority. It is accordingly provided without any
            liability for its accuracy attaching to Fox Grant Agency, its officers,
            servants or agents.

          • Ray Madison
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2003
              No, sub service is when you serve on a submarine.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 24, 2003
                Thus is born the "Nigerian Scam!" ;)

                Vicki Siedow
                Siedow & Associates Investigations
                & Custom Attorney Support Services
                2629 Foothill Blvd. # 262
                La Crescenta, Ca 91214
                818-242-0130
                818-688-3295 fax
                Siedow@...
                CA PI #22852
                > > Some documents, in some jurisdictions, (check your local laws) can be
                > served by delivery to someone other than the subject.
                >

                > Here in South Africa I can serve on an empty property. If the Court
                accepts
                > a proveable last known address or a contractual 'domocilium' (an elected
                > legal address) I can stick the papers through a knot hole in the fence and
                > the Court will accept my affadavit of service.
                >
                > Andy Grudko (British), Grad I.S, South Africa
                > SIRA investigators Reg. No. 8642
                > www.grudko.com , andy@... . Est. 1981. International investigations
                > (+27 12) 244 0255 - 244 0256 (Fax).
                > IPA, SACI, WAD, CALI, UKPIN, IWWA.
                > When you need it done right - first time

                e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
                > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
                cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

              • tom sisk