Sub serve Re Australia

  • Frank Church
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2003
      andy stella wrote:

      > Sub service is when another agency contracts out to have someone >else serve papers on someone in another area or state that the first >agency is not located in

      This is where local knowledge is so important. I always
      understood that a Sub Serve stands for "Substituted Service"
      and applies when someone, usually spouse, husband or wife,
      knows where the person that you want to serve is, but refuses
      to tell or assist. You must prove that you have tried every
      avenue open to you, then a Court Order is applied for, for
      "Substituted Service." The Order is then served on the person
      with the knowledge of the defendants whereabouts and THEY can
      give it to them. Whether they do or not doesn't matter. The
      document is considered served.
      Regards Frank Church
      Your contact in Australia

      --
      Investigators (Australia) Pty Ltd and Process Servers
      (Australia)