[infoguys-list] Re: info

  • Linda Walker
    Message 1 of 70 , Aug 4, 1999
      Ron and I have had a little discussion off list and I thought others might
      be interested so I have put 3 posts together here.

      At 06:07 PM 8/4/99 EDT, Ron Schulte asks:
      Hi Linda i saw your post on the info list . What state do you live in ??

      Linda answers:

      I'm in San Francisco, CA. Why?

      At 08:46 PM 8/4/99 EDT, Ron Schulte wrote:
      I WAS curious because of the law here in Florida versus other state laws

      Linda answers:
      Why do you think there is some law that would preclude me from asking
      questions in Florida? I've never had a case there but I think an attorney
      can hire whom ever they like. I've worked in 4 states so far, all in the
      west and Texas. I do not represent myself as a PI. I use a letter of
      introduction from the attorney authorizing me to do research on the case.
      Do you mind if I put this discussion on list? Maybe others are interested
      in it.

      At 09:34 PM 8/4/99 EDT, Ron wrote:
      >No problem about the list thetas why we all join it (smile) .
      > But I see what you mean. An attorney can hire anyone he wants. I will
      >recommend the state of Florida home page to <A
      >HREF="http://licgweb.dos.state.fl.us/">Florida Department of State -
      >Licensing</A> explain what I mente. What is California law in regard to the
      >definition of a PI? If I understand you correctly you do more of a
      paralegal
      >function am I right?

      Linda wrote:
      Actually no, not paralegal either. I have a hard time fitting in. I do
      more research into the case. It is more related to what a PI does as I
      sometimes go out and interview but I do not for instance tail people or
      video anyone. When a civil attorney gets a case and if they are naming a
      third party for negligent hiring then I am sometimes hired. In order to
      prove our side what needs to happen is to find evidence that the third
      party knew they were hiring someone who was a danger to children. Evidence
      of their prior notification. I seem to be pretty good at this.
      In California you can become a PI by taking a test and having so many
      hours working with another PI. I forget how many. I am considering doing
      that but I have no desire to carry a weapon or work on anything other than
      child abuse issues. Did you visit my website for a look at the cases I've
      worked on? That might help explain it. I also am focused on a rather narrow
      aspect of the law and do not attempt to work on any cases but these very
      narrow and specific ones for which I have a unique set of knowledge gained
      by years of research in child abuse. It is because of this knowledge that
      an attorney is willing to hire me.
    • John Fry
      Message 70 of 70 , Jun 24, 2000
        Rick:
        Please me a copy of your price list along with turnaround times.
        Thank you,
        John L. Fry
        Fax:1-212-504-3099