Re: [infoguys-list] Re: foster care crisis in Fla- What is the solution??

  • Ted :<)>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
      The solution is to make it easier for decent couples to adopt these kids. And I'm not talking about the "Rosie McDonalds" of the world. Some friends of mine had to wait 8 years & spend $29,000 to finally get a little girl. This is outragous. They got thier hearts broke over & over when told they would be getting a child when they didn't. It's SO bad that they had a support group for it. The only reason for this insanity could only be money.

      Ted Turney
      Process Server Reg.# 1006
      (760) 789-0773
      Cell: (760) 315-2325
      Ramona, CA (San Diego County)
      tedeb@...

      CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING! This e-mail message contains information
      which is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
      PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and intended only for the use of the
      Addressee (s) names herein. If you are not the Addressee (s), or the person
      responsible for delivering this to the Addressee (s), you are hereby notified
      that reading, copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. BE
      ADVISED that any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or
      use of the content of this message/information is prohibited by federal law.
      Attempts to intercept this message are in violation of 18 USC 2511(1) of the
      Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which subjects the interceptor
      to fines, imprisonment and/or civil damages. If you have received this in
      e-mail us immediately at the
      telephone number shown above

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
        This is seen often where the children are placed in foster care and the
        foster care is worse than the home situation. Hopefully, the CW or the law
        guardian investigator keeps track of these kids. But sometimes it is hard
        when you have 18 cases for one week to find each and every child. Most of the
        time it is not even 18 children in 18 cases. You can have 40 children
        involved in 18 cases.
        Child Protective Services needs to check out their foster homes more befor
        placing children there. This is a hard job to do but I understand the
        caseload. Our CW (caseworkers) see their children once a month. I as a law
        guardian investigator see the children every time they are placed somewhere.
        I make sure that they are in a safe situtation. But how can one be sure with
        only an hour visit. You know that you really do not know someone unless you
        live with them.
        So, I want to know the solution?

        Elena McAllister, RN, BA
        Law Guardian Investigator
        25 Green Acre Way
        Glassboro, NJ 08028
        856-863-8421
        LNE221@...

      • andy stella
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 13, 2002
          The solution is to re-establish the SPCC (society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)here in Florida, and get rid of all those so called case workers with the BS degrees, and besides most of the employees of the child care facilities are state or county employes, and they are just there for a paycheck.
          When I was in New York and a Detective Sgt with the SPCC there, we NEVER had any problems like they have here, but the only problem here as to re-establishing the SPCC is that Florida requires a BS degree, and not a volunteer status, but the volunteer status in New York consisted of lawyers, doctors, law enforcement personnel, and all types of professional people, of all these professonal people there was always someone who had the resourses available to handle any type of situation involving children.
          Lets get rid of all these so called nobodies and re-establist the SPCC. NOW
          lne221@... wrote: This is seen often where the children are placed in foster care and the

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2002
            Ted,
            In NJ it is fairly easy. We have a foster adopt program. If the bio parents
            do not get their act straight then the adoption is set into motion after a
            year. That whole time the child could be with their adoptive parents. In NJ
            it is usually rare that the adoptive parents are let down because we have so
            many children that need homes.

            Elena McAllister, RN, BA
            Law Guardian Investigator
            25 Green Acre Way
            Glassboro, NJ 08028
            856-863-8421
            LNE221@...

          • andy stella
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 15, 2002
              Daily unannounced random visits, this is possible, even if it is only one hour at a time. It does work.
              andy stella <astella431@...> wrote:
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 15, 2002
                Most of my visits are random unannounced visits but it is still only one hour
                and most of the time it is hard to determine if anything is going on because
                of the fronts that are put up while I am there.
                I am a state worker and I work long hours that I do not get paid for. More
                than 60 hours per week at times. I wonder how many non-civil service people
                will do that. I am not in Florida and do not know what they do.
                Please do not generalize or say that they do not care. The caseloads are
                overwhelming. I need my own investigator and secretary at times.
                Thanks,

                Elena McAllister, RN, BA
                Law Guardian Investigator
                25 Green Acre Way