Re: [infoguys-list] Train- a mystery- a puzzle- a debate - Martin Grant contr...

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2002
      In a message dated 7/9/2002 3:34:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      foxgrantuk@... writes:

      > I have kept on the side lines of your group so far, but the child on the
      > track is one that I see frequently in the UK.
      > I live in a former station masters house on the site of a station that was
      > closed in 1963; but the Intercity Trains still run on the line, frequently
      > as fast as 125 mph.
      > That's in excess of 2 miles a minute. The peculiarity is that if you are
      > away from the track you can hear a train approaching, if you are actually
      > on
      > the track the sound is not as clear, and with other ambient noise the
      > train
      > may only be 100 yards away before it can be heard.
      > We call the police each time, who take the matter seriously, and it saves
      > my wife and I entering into and argument with regard them being there.
      > Railtrack who run the track, signals, bridges etc., have had a poor
      > safety
      > record recently, causing several fatal accidents, and they have just 2
      > months ago erected substantial steel fencing, so we have yet to see
      > children
      > on the line since.
      > However the school summer holidays are about to start, and I quite expect
      > see a repetition of children playing on the track.
      > With regard to the scenario that you have posed, all parties are to a
      > greater or lesser degree to blame. In the UK a child reaches the age of
      > criminal responsibility at the age of 10.
      > I await further postings on this matter,
      > cheers, Martin Grant.
      > Hi Charles-
      Thanks for responding.. here's another fact and let's see if this changes the
      The child was running after his dog who ran out of the house when the front
      door was open. He was returning the dog to his house when his foot got
      I do not know how fast the train was going.

      Amy Singer, Ph.D.
      Trial Consultants, Inc.
      840 N.E. 20th. Ave.
      Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304