[infoguys-list] Fw: (surveillance) Knowing when to backoff

  • Charlotte
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 1999

      From: Charlotte
      Sent: Thursday, August 05, 1999 10:56 AM
      Subject: (surveillance) Knowing when to backoff

      Hello All,

      In the  time that I have been doing investigative work,  I have found that most rookie PI's ( including myself) go through a normal learning stage in which they think that every time they follow someone the person is on to them.  I guess this is part of the maturing stage, but this is an attitude I have dealt with quickly.  The general public has no idea how surveillance is conducted and they pay very little attention to their surroundings.

      I have witnessed a few experienced PI's ( whom are very competitve by nature) feel that letting go for the time being is the same as failure.  I feel in actuallity nothing is further from the truth.  I believe that if  you continue to follow the subject until they become suspicious, you have blown the case and any further chances of  getting the person to conduct their affairs without altering their activity.

      Perry Dicarlo
      San Diego, Calif.