Train- a mystery- a puzzle- a debate - Martin Grant contribution

  • foxgrantuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 12:09 PM
      I have kept on the side lines of your group so far, but the child on the
      track is one that I see frequently in the UK.

      I live in a former station masters house on the site of a station that was
      closed in 1963; but the Intercity Trains still run on the line, frequently
      as fast as 125 mph.

      That's in excess of 2 miles a minute. The peculiarity is that if you are
      away from the track you can hear a train approaching, if you are actually on
      the track the sound is not as clear, and with other ambient noise the train
      may only be 100 yards away before it can be heard.

      We call the police each time, who take the matter seriously, and it saves
      my wife and I entering into and argument with regard them being there.

      Railtrack who run the track, signals, bridges etc., have had a poor safety
      record recently, causing several fatal accidents, and they have just 2
      months ago erected substantial steel fencing, so we have yet to see children
      on the line since.

      However the school summer holidays are about to start, and I quite expect to
      see a repetition of children playing on the track.

      With regard to the scenario that you have posed, all parties are to a
      greater or lesser degree to blame. In the UK a child reaches the age of
      criminal responsibility at the age of 10.

      I await further postings on this matter,

      cheers, Martin Grant.

      F O X G R A N T A G E N C Y
      Oxfordshire's leading firm of Solicitors Agents
      staff qualifications including: Ilex, BA, MA, DipLL, DipPLS.
      Website: <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">Fox Grant Uk Solicitors 1st Choice</A> or www.enquiryagent.net
      receiving some sent documentation & paying disproportionately for the DX @
      40764 Wantage
      telephone 01235 769769 Email: <A HREF="http://www.enquiryagent.net/">foxgrantuk@...</A>

      This Email is confidential, it does not form a contract, it is subject to
      contract, and without prejudice

      CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING
      This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and/or
      confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s)
      or entity named/indicated above. If you are not the identified/intended
      recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
      contents of this message/information is prohibited. If you are not the
      indicated recipient or have received this message in error contact our
      offices immediately for instructions.

      Any information contained within this report is provided in good faith, and
      for your information and personal use only, and is not intended for
      disclosure without prior authority. It is accordingly provided without any
      liability for its accuracy attaching to Fox Grant Agency, its officers,
      servants or agents.