Proof of citizenship question

  • bill rollins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2002
      In a nutshell, I have to provide the State with proof
      of citizenship for an elderly relative.

      I know the general area where this person lived at the
      time, and the month/year in which they were granted
      citizenship. This relative is combative toward
      everyone and will not cooperate with family or state
      caseworkers to help get proof of citizenship.

      Is this the type of thing that a private investigator
      could help obtain? Or maybe someone could suggest an
      alternative?

      I have tried a FOIA request, but doing so requires
      this person�s signature - it is not forthcoming.

      I have to believe that becoming a U.S. citizen must be
      public information on some level� I could be wrong.

      If proof of citizenship cannot be obtained without
      that person�s cooperation, are there any alternatives?
      In other words, is there any other information that
      could be publicly obtained about a person that would
      constitute a de-facto proof of citizenship?

      Any comments/hints/suggestions welcome�

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com