  • dberlin@icioffshore.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28 8:23 AM
      Howdy Friends and Fans:

      This morning we are being beseiged by virus attempts, hacks, and other forms
      of vernum by "the evildoers". In our Washington DC server alone, we received
      over 300 messages containing various viruses and worms.

      Here is the low down from Norton, which you may read directly from the source
      by going to:

      1. W32.Badtrans.B@mm

      W32.Badtrans.B@mm is a MAPI worm that emails itself out as a file
      with one of several different names. This worm also creates a .dll in
      the \Windows\System directory as Kdll.dll. It uses functions from
      this .dll to log keystrokes. Virus definitions dated November 24,
      2001 will detect this worm. For additional information, point your
      Web browser to: http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/vURL.cgi/nav108

      2. W32.Aliz.Worm

      W32.Aliz.Worm is a very simple SMTP mass-mailer worm. The worm
      currently only replicates on Windows 9x computers. It does not seem
      to spread on Windows NT platforms. The worm spreads by obtaining
      email addresses from the Windows address book and sending itself to
      those addresses. Virus definitions dated May 22, 2001 will detect
      this worm.

      When the worm arrives by email, the worm uses a MIME exploit that
      allows the virus to be run just by reading or previewing the email.
      Information on and a patch for this exploit can be found at

      For additional information, point your Web browser to:

      This is particular insideous virus and is really a pain, but it can be
      resolved by using Norton Anti-Virus software and constantly updating.

      Best regards,

      Donald M. Berlin,
      Investigative Consultants, Inc.
      2020 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
      Suite 813
      Washington, DC 20006

      Phone: (202) 237-1500 (Live)
      Fax: (202) 237-8642 (Fax)

      For more information about our Terms and Conditions of Service, visit our web
      site at http://www.icioffshore.com

      This message is confidential and privileged and is being transmitted to you
      pursuant to the privileged communications doctrine of the attorney-client
      work product privilege. Additionally, all orders, emails, voice mails, memos,
      reports, etc., are transmitted to your office pursuant to the attorney-client
      privileged communications doctrine and the attorney work-product privilege
      and are done in accordance with our Terms And Conditions, found at

      It may not be used or disclosed by any person other than its addressee(s). If
      received in error, please contact the sender. This message and any
      attachments have been scanned and are believed to be free of any virus or
      other defect. However, as with all email messages and attachments, you should
      check each to make certain that it is virus free. Investigative Consultants,
      Inc. is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from use of this
      message. Please contact our technicalsupport@... if you need