Re: [infoguys-list] Ex (to Max)

  • dpullen1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 9, 2001
      Do we say: "er, ah, by the way, are you a stalker?" This whole thread is
      unreal!
      Don Pullen, 74 today, but not too old to care!

    • IFindOut@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2001
        First, Don---Happy Birthday!

        Hey, I think Max's remark about stalkers was kind of tongue in cheek.

        I know we can't cover ourselves for every instance but we can all use a bit
        more discernment. For example, in the recent case, we would have required the
        person to call us on the telephone and give us specific information. Then put
        the request in writing. Is this perfect? Not by any means. But a very good
        percentage of "wrongly intentioned" folks will not call. Less, will fax a
        note. Others we can attempt to verify. Then we can weed out those whose
        purpose either does not fall within various statutes or rules or whose
        purpose has a high percentage chance of getting our butts in a sling. Again,
        will we always get it right? We can only try. But it is better this way, in
        my opinion, then leaving the barn door open.

        With what we are fighting on Capitol Hill, this seems to just be a prudent
        step in trying to save us from another negative headline.

        Do we lose some money by being so careful? Yes, a lot. But, to us, it is
        worth it. There may be some who do not share this view. That's fine. I make a
        decent living without jeopardizing my license or my associatied professions'
        ability to make a living for $40.00.

        I'm probably going to get into trouble for continuing this thread but I feel
        that this is one of most important discussion points given today's
        anti-investigator, privacy-zealot, information-blocking legislative bodies.
        Anyone coming down to DC to lobby in November?

        To all the best,

        Alan J. Rosenthal
        Osinski & Rosenthal Investigations, Inc.
        302 Mercer Mall
        Trenton, NJ 08648-1309
        800-846-1580 Fax 800-558-6424
        New Jersey State Police PI License 6276
        New York City Process Servers License 980000
        <A HREF="www.Osinski-Rosenthal.com">www.Osinski-Rosenthal.com</A>
        HAVE YOU JOINED NCISS, THE ORGANIZATION THAT REPRESENTS ALL OF US? <A
        HREF="www.nciss.org">NCISS</A> Alan J. Rosenthal, Director, Region 2
        2002 SUPER CONFERENCE INFORMATION
        <A HREF="http://www.bombet.com/webschedule.htm">
        http://www.bombet.com/webschedule.htm</A>
      • dpullen1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2001
          In a message dated 10/09/2001 2:43:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          IFindOut@... writes:

          > Hey, I think Max's remark about stalkers was kind of tongue in cheek.

          Thanks :) So was mine, really :) I try to be less serious to get over the
          rough spots. No offense intended (at my age, I can't run fast enough!)
          My best,
          Don Pullen