Re: Free Economic Zones in Poland

  • ray_madison@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2001
      Hey Max, after the last time you posted here, the site shut down for
      about a week. Let's see if we can do it again.

      Note that the Polish version of Yahoo is http://www.yoyo.pl/
      Like the Polish math teacher who asked, if it takes one person to say
      Yo, how many does it take to say YoYo? The answer is three. Why
      three? Because that's always the answer in a Polish joke.

      As to Otis, he doesn't have a listed phone number. He has a cell
      number -- there's also a phone in his cell for outgoing calls.

      --- In infoguys-list@y..., sisfe@v... wrote:
      > Ray,
      >
      > Gawd.......man, I hope I haven't missed out !
      > I'm ready to go. Do they have some of the same fantastic foods
      that we enjoyed just over the borders on the Western side of the
      border years ago ?

      > Is Otis' phone number BR-459 ?
      >
      > Do you belong to the Polish Website out of NY ? Check it
      out.....you will be dumbfounded at its size and membership across the
      nation and round the world.
      > Its really hard to find someone in Poland with a PC, who can
      communicate and that speaks English. Its a very interesting
      trip.....I recommend taking it, when you have a few minutes.......

      > Max/mf
      > sisfe@v...
      > MEF/mf

      Gora
      > > lie near highway Nr A-3 which will be constructed in close
      future
      > > and near the zone in Nowogrodziec will be placed the quickest
      > > constructed highway A-4. BENEFITS
      > > O Unusually attractive investing conditions:
      > > Investment input greater than 400 ,000 EURO or the employment
      of at
      > > least 40 people. Significant tax benefits:
      > > ˇ Full income tax exemption for the period of 10 years from
      > > commencement of business operation and 50% exemption within the
      > > remaining period of time. The exemption level is determined upon
      > > selection of one of the following lists of exemptions bases:
      > > - exemption of tax on income amounts equal to the investment
      > > inputs. In case the investment input exceeds EURO 400,000 or
      the
      > > employment level exceeds 40 persons, full income tax exemption
      > > isgranted;
      > > - the income tax exemption may be 25% per each 10 persons
      employed
      > > by the business entity; however the exemption may not be lower
      than
      > > 25% and not higher than 100% of the monthly income.
      > > Enterprises which are not entitled to exemptions from income
      tax,
      > > may include total expenditures on purchase of non-material and
      legal
      > > values in the revenue costs; may increase also the depreciation
      > rates
      > > of fixed assets Shortened issue periods regarding permits for
      > > foreign persons
      > > purchasing real estate
      > > O The only zone in Poland creating highly favourable development
      > > conditions for medium and small- sized businesses
      > > O Exceptional location provides quick access to Czech Republic
      and
      > > Germany
      > > O In-place infrastructureO Law production costs
      > > O Abundantly qualified workforce in the following areas:
      textiles,
      > > clothing, food processing, agriculture, furniture manufacturing,
      > > construction material, plastic conversion and electromechanical
      and
      > > electronics industries. An extensive network of hotels and
      pensions
      > > situated in
      > > beautiful natural surroundings and in proximity to the well
      known
      > > tourist areas and health resorts of Szklarska Poreba, Karpacz,
      > > Jakuszyce, Cieplice and Swieradow.
      > > The region has good qualified and experienced workforce
      especially
      > > in such sectors: ˇ Textile and cloth industryˇ Wood and
      furniture
      > > ˇ Food processing and agricultureˇ Construction materials
      > > ˇ Converting of plasticsˇ Electromechanical industryˇ
      Electronical
      > > industry
      > > Services for investors in the zone are also planned.
      > > The zone is also open to other areas of investment, and there
      is a
      > > possibility to fulfil investors needs in area of various
      qualified
      > > staff thanks to many local schools and different
      > > traininginstitutions.
      > > Activities that are environmentally hazardous, dangerous or
      > > troublesome for the surroundings are unwelcomed.
      > > The following economic activities are excluded in the zone:
      > > 1. Production of explosives, production, bottling and
      processing of
      > > spirits and alcoholic beverages, of engine fuels, as well as
      > > tobaccoproducts.
      > > 2. Running the gaming centers referred to in the law dated 29
      July
      > > 1992 on gambling and betting.
      > > 3. Bringing to the air emission of pollution which may exceed
      the
      > > permissible concentration values in the air.
      > > All investors that can meet the economic requirements and who
      > respect
      > > the natural environment have a chance to run their business
      > > activityin our zone.
      > > THE AREA OF KAMIENNA GORA
      > > Kamienna Gora is a city of about 20 000 people with 750 years of
      > > history picturesquely situated in a valley surrounded by the
      > > Walbrzyskie and Kamienne Mountains. The attractiveness of
      > > investing here is enhanced by its location near one of the major
      > > transport routes connecting Scandinavia with Southern Europe
      via the
      > > northern Polish city of Szczecin.
      > > ˇ Through Kamienna Gora will run the planed north-south A-
      3highway
      > > ˇ Full access to southern Europe can be obtained from the
      Lubawka
      > > border crossing located only 11 km from Kamienna Gora
      > > The Kamienna Gora Special Economic Zone consists of two parts:
      > > O KAMIENNA GORA I
      > > 9,2 hectares of developed area, sites and buildings from the
      closed
      > > down plants- located within the centre of the city
      > > - full access to all necessary utilitiesO KAMIENNA GORA II
      > > Undeveloped territory situated in the north-eastern part of the
      city
      > > with a total area of 110,24 hectares:
      > > - partially developed with the opportunity to connect of all
      > services
      > > - this territory is close to the rail freight and passenger
      station
      > > in Kamienna Gora and national road No 371 EMPLOYMENT
      > > The number of people professionally engaged in Kamienna Gora is
      > > approximately 20 000. The number of unemployed is 4.500, 2.300
      > women
      > > and 3.100 qualified staff. THE AREA OF NOWOGRODZIEC
      > > This area, located in north-western part of Nowogrodziec commune
      > > encompasses 106,98 hectares of land without buildings within
      the
      > town
      > > limits of Wykroty and lies very close to the No 4 east-west
      route.
      > > ˇ The junction of the rapid in progress construction of the A-4
      > > highway will be situated 300 m from the zone
      > > ˇ The capacity to connect to all infrastructural needs
      > > ˇ A rail freight and passenger station only 3 km from the zone
      > > ˇ The closest Polish-German border crossing in
      > > Ludwigsdorf-Jedrzychowice near Zgorzelec is ca 19 km EMPLOYMENT
      > > The number of people professionally engaged in Nowogrodziec is
      > > approximately 35 000. The number of unemployed - 5.500 (women -
      > > 3.600) of which 2.700 are qualified staff.
      > > The main regulations ordering activity within the zone:
      > > ˇ Act of October 20, 1994 on special economic zones (Journals of
      > > Laws No 123, Item 600)
      > > ˇ Regulation by the Council of Ministers dated 9 September 1997
      on
      > > the establishment of the special economic zone in Kamienna Gora
      > > (Journal of Laws No 135, Item 903) changed by Regulation by the
      > > Council of Ministers dated 8 September 1998 (Journal of Laws No
      > > 121,Item 788)
      > > ˇ Regulation by the Minister of Economy dated 27 November 1998
      > > about transferring to the Special Economic Zone for Small
      Business
      > > S.A. the rights of issuing licenses for an economic activities
      and
      > > current control of businesses' activities within Special
      Economic

      list-subscribe@y...">infoguys-list-subscribe@y...</a><br/>
      > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a href="mailto:infoguys-list-
      unsubscribe@y...">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@y...</a><br/>

      Service.