Re: Afrika

  • interneter@usa.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
      The person who you are referring to as a 'wall-flower' on this
      occasion Ray, has probably forgotten more than you know, and,
      wouldn't blink at biting your ears off if you called him a 'wall-
      flower' to his face. It's very brave of you saying things like that
      hiding behind a computer screen.

      --- In infoguys-list@y..., ray_madison@h... wrote:
      > Otis wonders why most of those who post to this list to say goodbye
      > have never even said hello in the first place. He says it's like
      the
      > wall-flower at a party complaining about the conversation.
      >
      > --- In infoguys-list@y..., "Ian Carter" <saladin@a...> wrote:
      > > > PEOPLE........waiting to get into the evening movie........IF
      I'D

    • ray_madison@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
        No, I was hiding behind Otis.

      • wesbreed@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
          I'm replying to this only because I have a friend here that is retired from
          the "SWE-SGU" Suid Afrikaanse Polisie. His quote not mine "Typical Racist
          Mentality" trying to express him/her self forcibly. One who needs a real
          reality check performed upon themself before making a comit like this. Hey
          what do I know! Im not there and don't really care!

        • sisfe@vzinet.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
            Ian,

            Golly........man I hope you understand......I (being about as white as one
            can get)...was just trying to emphasize what a raw deal the Native Americans
            have gotten in this country.......that the movie made me angry at what we've
            done to the American Indian as a people.....since WE got here.

            I already knew bout you being the "green" from times past when we've talked
            ELSEWHERE.

            May God continue to Bless You and Yours......

            Most respectfully,

            Max Farris
            OD Also
            sisfe@...
            MEF/mf

            e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
            cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

          • sisfe@vzinet.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
              Christine,

              No........but I bet we're get'n back in the prior to 1868 days......right ?
              lololol
              Is that the story you're referring to ?

              I plead the blood.....not only The Blood of Jesus........but......I jes
              gotta be all mixed up...cause therer AIN'T really no kinda music but "down
              and dirty Blues"......wouldn't be any music in America worth a damn, if it
              wasn't for Blues and Black Gospel. That's a fact. I mean, with ALL due
              respect.....to my Native American Brothers and Sisters..........that beat
              they be having........ain't been mixed in any sound chamber and tracked in
              with any other type of musical sound production. To tell the
              truth.....Gene Kruppa never really got that drum play'n down correct either.
              Our Native Americans intended for the drums to carry a message, their
              message. I think Kruppa was just a Red Coat sympathizer.....who kept
              making noise and more noise, adding them damn snare drums.....until he made
              up what they called a trap set.....and I never figured out why they called
              it a "trap set"? Had to shoot that Morphine in his legs to keep play'n
              too !

              Blues IS the story of life.......life coming up out of the dirt....in these
              Southern States, the real story of a people actually "over coming" strife
              and poverty like no white man really understood then or now. Blues has
              told that story, for almost 200 years......with feeling. All you have to
              do is listen to the words.....they are not 'rap' songs.......they are clear
              descriptions of life as it was in America, the story is easy to understand,
              and if the music don't move you deep down inside....you probably do not have
              a soul. Plus, Cigarettes and Firewater go good with Blues ! Soul Food
              goes good with Blues........everything goes good with Blues. When all the
              old Blues songsters are gone......it will be like the death of a musical
              species......there will not be another like it, because later IF folks
              realize that sound is gone....when they try to immitate it to revive it, it
              won't be in their blood. There's been a few white boys that were excellent
              Blues folks....and recognized by some of the masters of Blues themselves, as
              being excellent Blues musicians.
              Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton....probably are the two top....well
              known artists. There are probably two dozen others of lesser rank......but
              there where thousands of real Blues musicians that were never heard
              of.......in every little town in the south, playing on weekends, mostly for
              drinks and a little eating money. I thank the Good Lord.....that I came
              up in the 50s and 60s and got to hear many of the best. I used to take
              care of Jimmy Reed when he would visit Dallas in the early 60s, when he
              toured. Somewhere I still have one of his harmonicas that he gave me in
              1966.

              Gotta run.....been listening to the State's female lady prosecutor for 8
              hours a day, since Monday.....cut'n us up ...bring'n blood........
              Tomale, WE get to begin putting on our case......for about the next 3 days.
              Gawd, I hate it when .....you cannot hand it to the Jury before you get out
              Friday....and you have to try and come back on Monday.....YOU just cannot
              ever regain that momentum, I don't believe. KISS if you can.....at least
              Kiss and give it to them on a Thursday.....and most of the time....12
              can/will do the right thing.....with no pressure....except the pressure they
              bring on themselves to ...get thru in time to get to the lake on the
              weekend, right?

              Most respectfully,

              joMax/mf
              sisfe@...
              MEF/mf

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
                Ray,

                Its probably my fault, so......tell Otis...he's right..........about the hello part.

                But, I understand.....and ya;ll gotta understand too......we have to make allowances for them MArines (greenfolk).....they can get AWFUL touchy. Being Olive Drab my own self....I know bout their green and light green. I respect Ian's opinion......he's just 'reacting'. He's actually a pretty good guy, and has come to the defense of others....including me in the past......ELSEWHERE.

                I have to go get ready to get ready.....for tomale....and I have to do it now.

                Most respectfully,

                Max Farris
                sisfe@...
                MEF/mf
                Otis wonders why most of those who post to this list to say goodbye
                have never even said hello in the first place. He says it's like the
                wall-flower at a party complaining about the conversation.

                --- In infoguys-list@y..., "Ian Carter" <saladin@a...> wrote:
                > > PEOPLE........waiting to get into the evening movie........IF I'D
                HAD AN
                > > UZI, I probably woulda just started shoot'n WHITE FOLKS !
                > >
                > > Max Farris
                >

                > If you did that you would probably be glad that I was not in that
                line for
                > the movie.
                >
                > Anyway - This Group has gone to shit,, so I'm going Elsewhere.
                > Good luck to everyone,, whatever color.
                >
                > Catch you's later.
                >
                > Best Regards - Ian (I'm White/Black & was Green 25 years ago).

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • sisfe@vzinet.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
                  Tom Hoy,

                  You are most correct.........and that's exactly why I was talking about it......talking about the need to talk about the truth. Its the truth that sets us free.

                  But, aside from you, Christine and I....I'd like for all to understand....I don't think any man ought to own anyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from in God's world. You hit the nail on the head too.....want to see a story depicting brutality against one's own kind......go rent "Black Robe".

                  Most respectfully,

                  Max/mf
                  sisfe@...
                  MEF/mf