Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Afrika

  • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
      Afraid , I have to add my 3 1/2 cents worth. I agree a lot of inhuman
      treatment happened in Africa and also in the americas at the hands of whites,
      but wake up! Before the whites came the numerous different tribes both in
      Africa and the Americas would raid each other, slaughter , rape and take over
      each other lands and what they did not kill they made into slaves for their
      own purposes. It was the different African tribes that sold their slaves to
      the slave traders to be transported to other lands and tribes. The same
      happened in the Americas, If you dig in history you will find that the
      american indians even sold their slaves that they had captured for horses of
      other items. Do not lay all the blame on the whites, because whites also
      became slaves on different continents. Wrong is wrong, and The truth is
      the truth. Bring it all to the surface. TOM HOY, AM/PM Investigations
      Int'l, 30 Mts. Oesta Bomba Shell, Lava Mas, Heredia ,Costa Rica 3000
      (506) 237-6273

    • interneter@usa.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
        The person who you are referring to as a 'wall-flower' on this
        occasion Ray, has probably forgotten more than you know, and,
        wouldn't blink at biting your ears off if you called him a 'wall-
        flower' to his face. It's very brave of you saying things like that
        hiding behind a computer screen.

        --- In infoguys-list@y..., ray_madison@h... wrote:
        > Otis wonders why most of those who post to this list to say goodbye
        > have never even said hello in the first place. He says it's like
        the
        > wall-flower at a party complaining about the conversation.
        >
        > --- In infoguys-list@y..., "Ian Carter" <saladin@a...> wrote:
        > > > PEOPLE........waiting to get into the evening movie........IF
        I'D

      • ray_madison@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
          No, I was hiding behind Otis.

        • wesbreed@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
            I'm replying to this only because I have a friend here that is retired from
            the "SWE-SGU" Suid Afrikaanse Polisie. His quote not mine "Typical Racist
            Mentality" trying to express him/her self forcibly. One who needs a real
            reality check performed upon themself before making a comit like this. Hey
            what do I know! Im not there and don't really care!

          • sisfe@vzinet.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
              Ian,

              Golly........man I hope you understand......I (being about as white as one
              can get)...was just trying to emphasize what a raw deal the Native Americans
              have gotten in this country.......that the movie made me angry at what we've
              done to the American Indian as a people.....since WE got here.

              I already knew bout you being the "green" from times past when we've talked
              ELSEWHERE.

              May God continue to Bless You and Yours......

              Most respectfully,

              Max Farris
              OD Also
              sisfe@...
              MEF/mf

              e@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>
              cribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/>

            • sisfe@vzinet.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
                Christine,

                No........but I bet we're get'n back in the prior to 1868 days......right ?
                lololol
                Is that the story you're referring to ?

                I plead the blood.....not only The Blood of Jesus........but......I jes
                gotta be all mixed up...cause therer AIN'T really no kinda music but "down
                and dirty Blues"......wouldn't be any music in America worth a damn, if it
                wasn't for Blues and Black Gospel. That's a fact. I mean, with ALL due
                respect.....to my Native American Brothers and Sisters..........that beat
                they be having........ain't been mixed in any sound chamber and tracked in
                with any other type of musical sound production. To tell the
                truth.....Gene Kruppa never really got that drum play'n down correct either.
                Our Native Americans intended for the drums to carry a message, their
                message. I think Kruppa was just a Red Coat sympathizer.....who kept
                making noise and more noise, adding them damn snare drums.....until he made
                up what they called a trap set.....and I never figured out why they called
                it a "trap set"? Had to shoot that Morphine in his legs to keep play'n
                too !

                Blues IS the story of life.......life coming up out of the dirt....in these
                Southern States, the real story of a people actually "over coming" strife
                and poverty like no white man really understood then or now. Blues has
                told that story, for almost 200 years......with feeling. All you have to
                do is listen to the words.....they are not 'rap' songs.......they are clear
                descriptions of life as it was in America, the story is easy to understand,
                and if the music don't move you deep down inside....you probably do not have
                a soul. Plus, Cigarettes and Firewater go good with Blues ! Soul Food
                goes good with Blues........everything goes good with Blues. When all the
                old Blues songsters are gone......it will be like the death of a musical
                species......there will not be another like it, because later IF folks
                realize that sound is gone....when they try to immitate it to revive it, it
                won't be in their blood. There's been a few white boys that were excellent
                Blues folks....and recognized by some of the masters of Blues themselves, as
                being excellent Blues musicians.
                Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Clapton....probably are the two top....well
                known artists. There are probably two dozen others of lesser rank......but
                there where thousands of real Blues musicians that were never heard
                of.......in every little town in the south, playing on weekends, mostly for
                drinks and a little eating money. I thank the Good Lord.....that I came
                up in the 50s and 60s and got to hear many of the best. I used to take
                care of Jimmy Reed when he would visit Dallas in the early 60s, when he
                toured. Somewhere I still have one of his harmonicas that he gave me in
                1966.

                Gotta run.....been listening to the State's female lady prosecutor for 8
                hours a day, since Monday.....cut'n us up ...bring'n blood........
                Tomale, WE get to begin putting on our case......for about the next 3 days.
                Gawd, I hate it when .....you cannot hand it to the Jury before you get out
                Friday....and you have to try and come back on Monday.....YOU just cannot
                ever regain that momentum, I don't believe. KISS if you can.....at least
                Kiss and give it to them on a Thursday.....and most of the time....12
                can/will do the right thing.....with no pressure....except the pressure they
                bring on themselves to ...get thru in time to get to the lake on the
                weekend, right?

                Most respectfully,

                joMax/mf
                sisfe@...
                MEF/mf

                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
                  Ray,

                  Its probably my fault, so......tell Otis...he's right..........about the hello part.

                  But, I understand.....and ya;ll gotta understand too......we have to make allowances for them MArines (greenfolk).....they can get AWFUL touchy. Being Olive Drab my own self....I know bout their green and light green. I respect Ian's opinion......he's just 'reacting'. He's actually a pretty good guy, and has come to the defense of others....including me in the past......ELSEWHERE.

                  I have to go get ready to get ready.....for tomale....and I have to do it now.

                  Most respectfully,

                  Max Farris
                  sisfe@...
                  MEF/mf
                  Otis wonders why most of those who post to this list to say goodbye
                  have never even said hello in the first place. He says it's like the
                  wall-flower at a party complaining about the conversation.

                  --- In infoguys-list@y..., "Ian Carter" <saladin@a...> wrote:
                  > > PEOPLE........waiting to get into the evening movie........IF I'D
                  HAD AN
                  > > UZI, I probably woulda just started shoot'n WHITE FOLKS !
                  > >
                  > > Max Farris
                  >

                  > If you did that you would probably be glad that I was not in that
                  line for
                  > the movie.
                  >
                  > Anyway - This Group has gone to shit,, so I'm going Elsewhere.
                  > Good luck to everyone,, whatever color.
                  >
                  > Catch you's later.
                  >
                  > Best Regards - Ian (I'm White/Black & was Green 25 years ago).

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • sisfe@vzinet.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 5, 2001
                    Tom Hoy,

                    You are most correct.........and that's exactly why I was talking about it......talking about the need to talk about the truth. Its the truth that sets us free.

                    But, aside from you, Christine and I....I'd like for all to understand....I don't think any man ought to own anyone, regardless of who they are or where they come from in God's world. You hit the nail on the head too.....want to see a story depicting brutality against one's own kind......go rent "Black Robe".

                    Most respectfully,

                    Max/mf
                    sisfe@...
                    MEF/mf