Re: [infoguys-list] Insurance for survellance van

  • Dennis Drake
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2001
      I don't know what town you are in, but I suggest you try a "Burns, & Wilcox"
      regional
      office. One near you, is easily found in the net search.

      I am just winding up a 34 yr insurance career, but I have spent in the
      personal lines
      individual, auto, home, life, medical insurance areas. When I get a request
      like yours
      I phoned a contact buddy in Burns Wilcox Agency, Indianapolis, Ind. He
      always helped
      obtain a policy for something a little harder to obtain than thru normal
      channels. Hey,
      my old buddy is now retired from Burns, as a Vice President, and he is still
      open for
      business for his old contacts. My Agency name is Dennis R. Drake Insurance
      Agency, Inc. 543 Main St. Tell City, Ind.47586 ( on the Ohio River) Use my
      name as a reference, and call this gentleman: He will either guide you,. or
      be able to help you.
      Here is his name and location: Jim Greenfield, CPCU, ARM
      Property Casualty Insurance, 220 Carmelview Drive, Carmel, Ind. 46032
      Ph: 317 846 9463 fax: 317 846 5110.

      I suggest you fax him, use me as a reference to him, and see what he can do.

      They tell me from some other sources some of these specialty carriers are
      baced up some.

      Thanks & Good Luck,
      Dennis R. Drake, Ch. Financial Consultant

      ps- I am getting together my file to send to the Professional Licensing
      Agency, Indps,Ind.
      for my Private Investigator's License. But in talking to Jess, the owner of
      Hi Tech in
      Evansville, he said why not call and see if they can give me a verbal idea
      of whether I can
      be approved or not first. He said why not work for them for the 2 years,
      then file. As it
      is now, in this state, (Indiana), you next all the ordinary stuff, police
      clearances, etc,
      then meet of 3 criteria: 1. BS degree in Criminal Justice, 2. Law
      Enforcement Experience, or 3. So many years of claim investigation
      experience, like in insurance work. I am filing for my license under option
      3. I have 4 affadavits from claims managers as to my meeting the claims
      investigations criteria, and 1 affavidit from a local
      prosecuting attorney, that he knows me since he grew up, and he recommended
      me under this criteria.
      The way it is, you have to send all of this up to the capitol, then enclose
      $150 license fee
      application, and also proof of $10,000 surety bond, and $100,000 liability
      insurance.
      Then wait for the board to meet, and in a couple months, they approve or
      disapprove you. Like Jess said, why be out all that money, just work for
      him. Well I want to be
      self employed, and not work as much as Jess would like for me to.

      I would like to take any referral assistance needed in this area,( southwest
      rural indiana )
      and some cases locally. Not all, and not divorce cases.

      Does anyone on infoguys have any suggestions? If so please advise.

      thank you,

      dendrake@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
        --- Dennis Drake <dendrake@...> wrote:
> [...]
        > up, and he recommended
        > me under this criteria.
        > The way it is, you have to send all of this up to
        > the capitol, then enclose
        > $150 license fee
        > application, and also proof of $10,000 surety bond,
        > and $100,000 liability
        > insurance.
        > Then wait for the board to meet, and in a couple
        > months, they approve or
        > disapprove you. Like Jess said, why be out all
        > that money, just work for
        > him. Well I want to be
        > self employed, and not work as much as Jess would
        > like for me to.
        >
        > I would like to take any referral assistance needed
        > in this area,( southwest
        > rural indiana )
        > and some cases locally. Not all, and not divorce
        > cases.
        >
        > Does anyone on infoguys have any suggestions? If so

        not cover the equipment within the vehicle. We would
        also be interested in additional equipment coverage,
        so thanks for the agent recommendation.

        Allie / Investigator www.peakinvestigative.com

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/