Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Re: Courage, and a lack of same...

  • Shelly Miller
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2001
      Brian,
      Let's see...I could do a personality profile on you based simply on the b.s.
      you are willing to reveal about yourself through this medium. You need to be
      more careful! You are indeed a fool.
      Sleep well,
      S.M., N.O.I.
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2001
        > Message: 3
        > Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 21:29:26 -0400
        > From: "G.A.R.S." <gars@...>
        > Subject: Re: Re: Re: Courage, and a lack of same...
        >
        > Steven Gudin,
        >
        > Well apparently you haven't been paying much attention lately. I started that group when everyone got so up in arms over the post made by Laura Wallace. I was hoping that rather than posting complaints to this list, maybe everyone in the spirit of professionalism would start posting to that list instead, the complaints they wished to air. So far as forgetting to include a signature line in my previous post, I highly doubt that anyone else on this list comes across as GARS. And since I have made quite a few posts to this group in the past, hardly ever forgetting to include my signature line, I don't think it would have been that difficult to conclude that rather than being afraid to sign my name, I just simply forgot.
        >
        > However, I realize that the real reason for your reply was not merely to criticize me on something anyone who remains busy could easily forget, but rather to attempt to start another fight on this list. I had hoped that everyone on this list was in fact a professional, whether they are a PI or not, but I can clearly see that I was wrong. I see now that my attempt to move the bickering to another list, a list specifically setup for people's gripes and complaints, was futile. I am truly sorry however, that you do not have sufficient business to distract you from engaging in such behavior. It is my most sincere hope that you are able to find something more constructive to do with your time, because I truly believe you will find that you are happier with your life. I hope you have a great evening, and are able to find the peace inside yourself for a great life as well.
        >
        > Brian Brown
        > Global Asset Recovery Services

        Brian Brown,

        I thank you for providing a name to go with the criticism you posted previously, in sharp contrast to your message regarding not desiring to burden the list members (upon whose behalf you presume to speak) with such criticism. Are you familiar with the terms "oxymoron" and "diametrically opposed?" By asking that question I mean no disrespect. I only wish to understand how you can criticize me by doing exactly what it was you accused me of doing.

        As to you having started that group, I find it ironic and extremely amusing that I *guessed* correctly that you were not only a 'member', but also the 'president'. Sorry I didn't recognize your email address, but having never had any interaction with you before, there was no reason for me to recognize it. Having performed investigative work for clients on six continents, and in nearly every state in this country, I deal with many investigative agencies. Obviously, yours is not one of them. Sorry, but prior to today, "GARS" was only four non-sequential letters of the alphabet that meant absolutely nothing to me. However, I promise that I won't soon forget your name or that of your business.

        While you state that "the real reason for [my] reply was not merely to criticize [you] on something anyone who remains busy could easily forget, but rather to attempt to start another fight on this list," you couldn't possibly be more wrong, especially since I can't seem to recall the first fight. If you are referring to my involvement in the discussion regarding the appropriateness or inappropriateness of religious and philosophical discussions on a professional list, I did not start that, I was only one of several contributing members, and I believe that was long ago resolved by all involved agreeing to disagree.

        Regarding my comment to the unnamed individual who posted a message naming myself and two other investigators (apparently the message that started this debate), that was absolutely none of your business. While I did use the list to make the individual aware of my disapproval of his/her use of another list (that I do not subscribe to) to vent regarding activities on this list, nothing that was said had anything whatsoever to do with you. It was merely a cryptic message to a member of this list, who remains unnamed.

        So, exactly why did you feel it necessary to intervene, suggesting that the matter be taken to yet another list (amusingly, your list)? That would seem to me to only perpetuate the problem. Besides, with only two members (you and one other), I doubt the individual whom I was trying to reach would be on your list. I guess you felt compelled to answer something that was not directed at you, which was not offensive, and that you knew nothing about. So be it.

        As for your childish comments regarding whether or not I have "sufficient business to distract [me] from engaging in such behavior," I can assure that I have more than enough business (and subsequent income) to afford me the luxury of "goofing off" any time I so desire, as well as almost anything else I could possibly need or want. As for me finding something "constructive" to do with my time, I really don't have that much extra time available, as I'm apparently either too busy working or goofing off.

        Outside of my work, providing occasional assistance to others in the field, and working on my house, I generally try to avoid anything "constructive." However, if you'd like to discuss the nature and/or status of my business, or possibly engage in some direct comparisons between our businesses, I'd be happy to do so.

        Finally, thank you very much for your concerns regarding my happiness. It is refreshing to read someone so well spoken as yourself, obviously brimming with nothing but goodwill and heart felt concern for another human being. After your earlier feeble attempt at an insult regarding my (lack of) business, I really do appreciate your warm wishes, and certainly wish you the same peace and happiness that you expressed toward me.

        Interestingly, on the two lists I operate (many people on this list belong to one or both of those lists), this sort of exchange never occurs. I suppose that's because only licensed PI's are allowed on those lists (with a few select exceptions on one of them), and as I stated previously, anyone violating the rules of those lists (and most other serious, restricted, PI only lists) would either find themselves moderated or removed. A list such as this could be much more worthwhile, but it seems that the majority of the members have nothing to say. Perhaps you'd like to initiate a relevant topic of discussion? We're all waiting.

        --

      • ray_madison@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2001
          Otis notes that Mr. Brown is in judgement recovery. Recovery may be
          the wrong word here - it's hard to recover something you never had to
          begin with.

          list-subscribe@y...">infoguys-list-subscribe@y...</a><br/>
          > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a href="mailto:infoguys-list-
          unsubscribe@y...">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@y...</a><br/>

          Service.

        • HEOPER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2001
            You guys must not have any work! Have fun!!

          • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , May 5, 2001
              Good ! God ! Almighty Here it goes again. Trying to impress us and
              shooting yourself in the foot.
            • joseph no name
              Message 6 of 15 , May 5, 2001
                Stop spamming me, ok

                Message 7 of 15 , May 6, 2001
                  ?????

                • dpullen1@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 6, 2001
                    In a message dated 05/06/2001 6:06:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    HEOPER@... writes:

                    > ?????

                    I'm so sick of this subject-line I could puke!
                    Don Pullen

                  • G.A.R.S.
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 6, 2001
                      Be careful Don, you're probably the next to be attacked. Especially since you had the audacity to say how tired of the bickering you are.

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 7, 2001
                        Otis says did you ever notice that bickerers always come in threes?