Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Posting for the world to see

  • seerpeye@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2001
      In a message dated 4/28/2001 4:00:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      mail@... writes:

      > Yes, I am certain that there are pedophiles, stalkers, con artists, and
      > countless other criminal types who would just love to know all the "trade
      > secrets" that are discussed on the closed lists (and by some less careful
      > investigators on the open lists). However, I do not intend to provide such
      > information for the "world" to refer to at their leisure. I wouldn't
      > provide investigative services to someone who did not fully identify
      > themselves and their motives, and I'm sure as hell not going to post
      > anything that could be helpful to someone planning to commit a crime.

      This entire post is one of the most ethical and responsible posts I have ever
      read on this list. I really appreciate you posting this important message
      and hope you will post something similar on a regular basis. It can't be
      said enough. In my opinion you are a true professional, the kind I would be
      thankful was out there if I needed something in your area.

      I don't stay on this list because I "get anything out of it." I stay because
      of my concern for our profession as a whole and because there are some on
      this list who will blindly offer assistance without concern for the short
      term or long term consequences. I was appalled last year when some from one
      of these opened lists provided information to another who claimed they were
      licensed but weren't, and claimed they had a legitimate reason for asking for
      a current address. Because one or more people freely gave this individual
      what he asked for without question or checking the validity of it, it
      resulted in the FBI becoming involved to keep the individual safe. My grave
      disappointment from that situation was that I have not yet learned the
      identity of the person(s) who provided the requested information. I hold
      more animosity for the actions of the stateside "investigator" than I do for
      the individual who requested it. I can almost read the justification running
      in that person's mind. "I don't have time to check out every scenario or I
      wouldn't make any money." My point is if you don't have the time to check
      the validity of the request then DON'T provide the information! Use your
      head!

      If I ever find the identity of the "investigator" who provided that
      information I would like to pass it along to the injured party so that a
      civil suit could be filed against the stateside "investigator." There
      certainly were damages of several types.

      Rose Mary Cyr
      Seer Investigations, P. O. Box 11120, Portland, Maine 04104-7120
      Licensed Private Investigator & Guardian ad litem
      <A HREF="http://www.seerinvestigations.com/">Seer Investigations</A>
      office (207) 772-3999 cellĀ  (207) 841-3999 page (207) 759-2607
      Maine PI license 95-684
      *Civil investigations, both plaintiff and defendant*
      *Criminal investigations*
      *Child protective and child custody Guardian services*