Re: [infoguys-list] Neighborhood nearby URL source

  • L. E. Golden
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
      At 06:05 PM 6/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >
      >New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
      >Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
      >neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
      >several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
      >Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
      >was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
      >page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
      >in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
      >
      >Randy Donalds
      >Express Investigations
      >----

      Hi Randy, And Greetings To The List

      If in fact I correctly understand your request, there are two websites that
      will generate neighbor lists and phone numbers of same. The first site is:
      http://www.anywho.com After getting your (People) search result from this
      site just click on the Street Address Hyperlink and that will generate a
      neighbor list.

      The second site is: http://www.infospace.com After getting your search
      result from this site, click on the resultant name and that will generate
      another window. At the lower right of the window you will see a group of
      links under neighborhood. Click on neighbors and you should get a list of
      neighbors. Click on business and it will give you a list of businesses
      within the neighborhood (if any).

      Both sites are Reverse capable as well and will also allow first name
      search. Hopefully I haven't confused the issue and you will find this
      information useful.

      This is also my first post to the list and I too look forward to the
      exchange of information and ideas with all the list members. Oh, and Randy,
      you might check your computer Date and Time or maybe I have lost a few
      days. <G>

      Regards,

      Larry

      Lawrence E. Golden
      Private Investigator
      OK Lic. PIA1717 AGI14689
      Pager: 405 770-2170

      ----
    • LandSharks, U.S.A..
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
        Randy,

        Welcome to the list.

        I have not noticed or have I heard of a URL in reference to your question.
        We have access to many databases that allow us to conduct this type of
        research, and I'm not speaking of the databases that you have mentioned.
        We have found over the years that the big boys want the big bucks for
        information that in most cases is available from almost any CD Rom, as
        mentioned by a previous post list member. I believe that Phone Disc Power
        Finder will produce your information in question. These CD ROM's are sold
        in a 5 CD set. Available from Digital Directory Assistance, Inc.
        800-284-8353.
        Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy etc. The product allows users to research

        in many types of fields. Should you have any questions ? Please feel free
        to contact me or any one of our staff members, and we will try to lead you
        in
        the right direction.

        In hopes this information helps

        Thank You
        Brenda
        LandSharks, U.S.A.

        http://www.freeyellow.com/members/landsharks/locate.html

        Roger Donaldson wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
        > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
        > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
        > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
        > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
        > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
        > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
        > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
        >
        > Randy Donalds
        > Express Investigations
        > ----
        > --
      • referral
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 1998
          Roger Donaldson wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
          > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
          > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
          > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
          > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
          > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
          > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
          > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
          >
          > Randy Donalds
          > Express Investigations
          > ----
          > --

          Roger: Welcome to the list. If you live around a large city the
          library will some times give you the cross street index and
          neighbors ect.. I live in Indianapolis and our library will do
          this service for free by phone.

          Hope this helps

          Burt/referrals@...
          ----