Re: [infoguys-list] Drop from List

  • Todd Moss
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2001
      George and group,
      This is not meant as a slam towards you or anyone else on this list. When you apply to a list with several hundred people on it you are more than likely going to get several hundred different personalities. Realizing this is half the battle. Once you see where a thread is heading and you don't like the direction use your delete key at very minimum. Most e-mail programs have ways of filtering threads or specific individuals if you do not like the way he or she posts. If people would take the time to utilize their e-mail filters and the delete key 90% of these drop me from the list posts would be history. Now for the second gripe. If you end up on this list chances are either A) You subscribed to it or B) Someone subscribed you and one day you just started receiving messages. In the case of letter A You figured out how to subscribe yourself now figure out how to unsubscribe. That's it easy enough, no need to alert the list that you will be leaving or putting it on someone else's shoulders to unsubscribe you. In the case of letter B. I don't know about you but if one day I just started receiving messages from some strange group I sure as shit would look into what was going on. If I saw it was coming from yahoogroups I would go to their site and check and see what was up. Either way as they say in cyberspace DYODW. That's just my little gripe. I will now step off my soapbox and thoroughly destroy it with the first large heavy object I find. Thanks for listening.

      Todd L. Moss
      The Background Network, Inc.
      PI LIC# 5396
      Ph-440-816-9920
      Toll Free 1-877-99CHECK
      E-mail: todd@...
      Web: http://www.crimcheck.com
      Member: 4TheKids Network
      Investigative Team Member
      http://www.fourthekids.org
      ASIS Cleveland Chapter Webmaster
      http://www.asiscleveland.com

      Please drop me from your list. I have been on your list for a short time and have come to realize that the level of professionalism does not exist that my office is accustomed to.
      Good luck in the future, it looks as if you may need it,
      George
    • George Gamble