Re: [infoguys-list] Another Pass along of great interest to everyone.....

  • David H. Press
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
      is this really something we need on this list?

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
        If I might add to the great sugestion about not buying from the top two oil
        companys. The politicians sucked us in by raising the speed limits on the
        open highways to 70 miles per hour and created a 20 %increase in our gas
        consumption and about the same in auto accidents, auto maintainence etc. If
        we each would write a letter to each of our legislators or even six letters
        and pass the request to ten other people we could make a huge dent in the oil
        consumption, accidents , etc. But getting anyone to put out a few minutes
        effort is the tough part. I guess it is easier to complain about the gas
        prices, rather than to do anything about it. It might take away some of the
        campaign funds from the politicians and it might send a message we are sick
        and tired of being ripped off. What do you think? Tom Hoy, AM/PM
        Investigations Int'l
      • C. Langtiw
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
          From time to time I see people passing around virus info and other hoaxes. This one is a variant on the "Gas Out" hoax. It's simply another means to send out yet another chain letter, which people should realize by now, are NOT legitimate (or effective) means of spreading important information around. Nor are the so-called "petition" lists, which are simply another chain letter variant. Even if you consider the information to be meaningful, more often than not most people simply get annoyed by receiving such chain letters, particularly when they're off content from the forum. I personally get amused (and still annoyed ;) when I see them coming from the PI or IT content lists in particular. A great exception to this is the message about credit card fraud.

          For researching virus or hoax info, I suggest trying the HoaxBusters site at http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/. They have a very good links page to other resources as well.

          CL
        • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
            Ok , I apoligize for getting caught up in the Gas saving suggestions on this
            forum but It is a subject I feel strongly about. But I also get annoyed at
            some of the content of slamming and ongoing criticism and other subjects that
            have no value here on this forum. But onward and upward. Tom AM/PM
            Investigations Int'l
          • C. Langtiw
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
              I certainly hope that no one assumes that I'm picking on or slamming anyone,
              so no apologies warranted. My only intent is to pass along some useful
              information to use when researching the validity of the information that
              gets passed around so much on the 'Net.

              CL
            • HEOPER@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
                You are completely right This info should not be on this
              • ray_madison@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 10, 2001
                  OK, but first, what in hell is a HEOPER?