Re: [infoguys-list] Another Pass along of great interest to everyone.....
- is this really something we need on this list?
----- Original Message -----
From: "wadinv" <wadinv@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 6:27 AM
Subject: [infoguys-list] Another Pass along of great interest to
Subject: Gasoline Prices
> > This makes more sense than the don't buy gas on a
> > certain day routine that was going around in April or May.
> > Whoever started this has a good point.
> > By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.49 is
> > cheap.
> > Me too! As it is now $1.58 for regular unleaded. Now that the oil
> > companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the
> > cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at less than $1.50, we need to try an
> > aggressive response. With the price of gasoline going up more each
> > day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to
> > see the price of gas come down is if we don't buy it. But, that's not
> > really a practical option since we all have come to rely on our cars.
> > But we
> > CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together.
> > Here's the idea -
> > For the rest of this year, don't purchase gasoline from the two
> > biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
> > selling, they should be inclined to reduce their prices and if they
> > reduce their prices the other companies will too. But to have an
> > impact, we need to reach literally millions of users. But it's doable!
> > I am sending this note to 42 people. If each of you send it to at
> > least 10 more ...and those 10 send it to at least 10 more .. and so on
> > by the time the message reaches the sixth iteration we will have
> > reached over one million consumers. Acting together we can make a
> > difference. If
> > this makes sense to you, please pass this message on, or one you
> > compose, to at least 10 more E-mail addresses.
> > PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO $1.28 -- $1.29
> > AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
> > Katherine Doyle
> > WASHTENAW COUNTY ROAD COMMISSION
> > IS Department
> > 555 North Zeeb
> > Ann Arbor, MI 48106
> > 734.327.6679
- If I might add to the great sugestion about not buying from the top two oil
companys. The politicians sucked us in by raising the speed limits on the
open highways to 70 miles per hour and created a 20 %increase in our gas
consumption and about the same in auto accidents, auto maintainence etc. If
we each would write a letter to each of our legislators or even six letters
and pass the request to ten other people we could make a huge dent in the oil
consumption, accidents , etc. But getting anyone to put out a few minutes
effort is the tough part. I guess it is easier to complain about the gas
prices, rather than to do anything about it. It might take away some of the
campaign funds from the politicians and it might send a message we are sick
and tired of being ripped off. What do you think? Tom Hoy, AM/PM
- From time to time I see people passing around virus info and other hoaxes. This one is a variant on the "Gas Out" hoax. It's simply another means to send out yet another chain letter, which people should realize by now, are NOT legitimate (or effective) means of spreading important information around. Nor are the so-called "petition" lists, which are simply another chain letter variant. Even if you consider the information to be meaningful, more often than not most people simply get annoyed by receiving such chain letters, particularly when they're off content from the forum. I personally get amused (and still annoyed ;) when I see them coming from the PI or IT content lists in particular. A great exception to this is the message about credit card fraud.For researching virus or hoax info, I suggest trying the HoaxBusters site at http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/. They have a very good links page to other resources as well.CL
- Ok , I apoligize for getting caught up in the Gas saving suggestions on this
forum but It is a subject I feel strongly about. But I also get annoyed at
some of the content of slamming and ongoing criticism and other subjects that
have no value here on this forum. But onward and upward. Tom AM/PM
- I certainly hope that no one assumes that I'm picking on or slamming anyone,
so no apologies warranted. My only intent is to pass along some useful
information to use when researching the validity of the information that
gets passed around so much on the 'Net.