Re: [infoguys-list] Neighborhood nearby URL source

  • Stafford Durham
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
      Randy:

      I don't know of a specific URL that will do what you are asking, most search
      engines for people are set up find the person--not everyone around the
      person. You could construct what you wanted through several engines working
      together and pooling the results, but it would be very tedious.

      My suggestion is to get some CD Phonedisks and they will produce a list for
      you quicker than you can click from one web site to another.

      Connie Faubel in Oregon has some extra sets she is selling for $15 a set.
      And that's an extraordinary offer (if she still has any)! I know because I
      bought a set from her.

      If you are interested contact her at faubel@...

      Best regards,

      Stafford Durham
      R.E.S.O.L.V.E.
      Atlanta

      ----
    • L. E. Golden
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
        At 06:05 PM 6/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        >
        >New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
        >Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
        >neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
        >several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
        >Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
        >was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
        >page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
        >in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
        >
        >Randy Donalds
        >Express Investigations
        >----

        Hi Randy, And Greetings To The List

        If in fact I correctly understand your request, there are two websites that
        will generate neighbor lists and phone numbers of same. The first site is:
        http://www.anywho.com After getting your (People) search result from this
        site just click on the Street Address Hyperlink and that will generate a
        neighbor list.

        The second site is: http://www.infospace.com After getting your search
        result from this site, click on the resultant name and that will generate
        another window. At the lower right of the window you will see a group of
        links under neighborhood. Click on neighbors and you should get a list of
        neighbors. Click on business and it will give you a list of businesses
        within the neighborhood (if any).

        Both sites are Reverse capable as well and will also allow first name
        search. Hopefully I haven't confused the issue and you will find this
        information useful.

        This is also my first post to the list and I too look forward to the
        exchange of information and ideas with all the list members. Oh, and Randy,
        you might check your computer Date and Time or maybe I have lost a few
        days. <G>

        Regards,

        Larry

        Lawrence E. Golden
        Private Investigator
        OK Lic. PIA1717 AGI14689
        Pager: 405 770-2170

        ----
      • LandSharks, U.S.A..
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
          Randy,

          Welcome to the list.

          I have not noticed or have I heard of a URL in reference to your question.
          We have access to many databases that allow us to conduct this type of
          research, and I'm not speaking of the databases that you have mentioned.
          We have found over the years that the big boys want the big bucks for
          information that in most cases is available from almost any CD Rom, as
          mentioned by a previous post list member. I believe that Phone Disc Power
          Finder will produce your information in question. These CD ROM's are sold
          in a 5 CD set. Available from Digital Directory Assistance, Inc.
          800-284-8353.
          Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy etc. The product allows users to research

          in many types of fields. Should you have any questions ? Please feel free
          to contact me or any one of our staff members, and we will try to lead you
          in
          the right direction.

          In hopes this information helps

          Thank You
          Brenda
          LandSharks, U.S.A.

          http://www.freeyellow.com/members/landsharks/locate.html

          Roger Donaldson wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
          > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
          > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
          > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
          > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
          > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
          > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
          > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
          >
          > Randy Donalds
          > Express Investigations
          > ----
          > --
        • referral
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 1998
            Roger Donaldson wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
            > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
            > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
            > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
            > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
            > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
            > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
            > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
            >
            > Randy Donalds
            > Express Investigations
            > ----
            > --

            Roger: Welcome to the list. If you live around a large city the
            library will some times give you the cross street index and
            neighbors ect.. I live in Indianapolis and our library will do
            this service for free by phone.

            Hope this helps

            Burt/referrals@...
            ----