RE: [infoguys-list] Florida DMV

  • burt hodge
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2001
      If you need Florida DMV stuff, let me know.
      I am eight blocks for the department and have been doing research there for
      over twenty years. If it is a record maintained by the State of Florida We
      can get it and get it quickly and reasonably.
      Let us know if we can be of assistance.

      Burt

      Burt Hodge CFE, FCI
      State Information Bureau
      842 E. Park Av. Suite B
      Tallahassee, Fl 32301
      850-561-3990
      Fax 850-561-3995
    • The Inhabitant
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2001
        Public Records Acts  are an administrative request directed to the appropriate information officer.

        By laws of the Public records act, all severable information to the records is private in nature.

        Only the public information is accessible, without a valid judicial order to secure restricted information under such mitigating actions as  commercial violations of State laws.

        Title X
        PUBLIC OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND RECORDS
        Chapter 119
        Public Records
        View Entire Chapter

        119.01  General state policy on public records.--

        (1)  It is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records shall be open for personal inspection by any person.

        (2)  The Legislature finds that, given advancements in technology, providing access to public records by remote electronic means is an additional method of access that agencies should strive to provide to the extent feasible. If an agency provides access to public records by remote electronic means, then such access should be provided in the most cost-effective and efficient manner available to the agency providing the information.

        (3)  The Legislature finds that providing access to public records is a duty of each agency and that automation of public records must not erode the right of access to those records. As each agency increases its use of and dependence on electronic recordkeeping, each agency must ensure reasonable access to records electronically maintained.

        (4)  Each agency shall establish a program for the disposal of records that do not have sufficient legal, fiscal, administrative, or archival value in accordance with retention schedules established by the records and information management program of the Division of Library and Information Services of the Department of State.

        History.--s. 1, ch. 5942, 1909; RGS 424; CGL 490; s. 1, ch. 73-98; s. 2, ch. 75-225; s. 2, ch. 83-286; s. 4, ch. 86-163; ss. 1, 5, ch. 95-296.

        here on the banks of Swan Creek,
        off the shores of the Chesapeake Bay,
        stands this Inhabitant upon the Land

                Consensus Tollit Errorem

        Communis error facit jus

                        Speaking the Truth in times of universal
             deceit, is a revolutionary act.

                                George Orwell