[infoguys-list] VIRUS ALERT

  • Fr�d�ric Borne
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 14, 1999
      Subject: Another Virus

      If you receive an email with a file called 'California', do
      not open
      the file. The file contains WOBBLER virus. This information
      was
      announced yesterday morning from IBM; AOL states that this
      is a very
      dangerous virus, much worse than "Melissa", and that there
      is NO
      remedy
      for
      it at
      this time. Some very sick individual has succeeded in using
      the
      reformat

      function from Norton Utilities causing it to completely
      erase all
      documents
      on
      the hard drive. It has been designed to work with Netscape
      Navigator
      and

      Microsoft Internet Explorer. It destroys Macintosh and IBM
      compatible
      computers. This is a new, very malicious virus and not many
      people
      know
      about it.
      Pass this warning along to EVERYONE in your address book and
      please
      share
      it with all your online friends ASAP so that this threat
      may be
      stopped.
      Please
      practice cautionary measures and tell anyone that may have
      access to
      your
      computer

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
    • Laura Wallace
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 1999
        Is this the e-mail from the woman who is a producer of a new TV show that
        has been doing a bunch of e-mails and faxes?
        Laura Wallace

      • Peter Lalashuis
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 1999
          the site form spain

          Creed España - Av. Pablo Iglesias, 15 - 28003 Madrid, España
          Tel. + 34 91 533 76 42 - Fax. + 34
          91 535 26 75
          E-mail: creedes@...
          peter

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 1999
            Yes! What is the problem?

            eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
          • wadinv
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17 4:56 AM
              Please, everyone check your machine for Wscript.KakWorm
              Feb1462 keeps passing it around and if you even open your mail you will recieve it.
              Go to
              Start/Programs/Startup  if Kak or something like that is there...Delete it and go to Symatic.com to get instructions on removing it. if you have restarted your computer already, it is your permenant gift. I did not give this to anyone. Feb1462 still has it on his mail and keeps passing it around.
              I have two antivirus programs and they DIDNOT pick it up.
              Becareful.
              L.Wallace