[infoguys-list] Neighborhood nearby URL source

  • Roger Donaldson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 1998
      Hello,

      New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
      Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
      neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
      several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
      Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
      was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
      page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
      in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.

      Randy Donalds
      Express Investigations
      ----
    • Stafford Durham
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
        Randy:

        I don't know of a specific URL that will do what you are asking, most search
        engines for people are set up find the person--not everyone around the
        person. You could construct what you wanted through several engines working
        together and pooling the results, but it would be very tedious.

        My suggestion is to get some CD Phonedisks and they will produce a list for
        you quicker than you can click from one web site to another.

        Connie Faubel in Oregon has some extra sets she is selling for $15 a set.
        And that's an extraordinary offer (if she still has any)! I know because I
        bought a set from her.

        If you are interested contact her at faubel@...

        Best regards,

        Stafford Durham
        R.E.S.O.L.V.E.
        Atlanta

        ----
      • L. E. Golden
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
          At 06:05 PM 6/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
          >Hello,
          >
          >New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
          >Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
          >neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
          >several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
          >Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
          >was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
          >page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
          >in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
          >
          >Randy Donalds
          >Express Investigations
          >----

          Hi Randy, And Greetings To The List

          If in fact I correctly understand your request, there are two websites that
          will generate neighbor lists and phone numbers of same. The first site is:
          http://www.anywho.com After getting your (People) search result from this
          site just click on the Street Address Hyperlink and that will generate a
          neighbor list.

          The second site is: http://www.infospace.com After getting your search
          result from this site, click on the resultant name and that will generate
          another window. At the lower right of the window you will see a group of
          links under neighborhood. Click on neighbors and you should get a list of
          neighbors. Click on business and it will give you a list of businesses
          within the neighborhood (if any).

          Both sites are Reverse capable as well and will also allow first name
          search. Hopefully I haven't confused the issue and you will find this
          information useful.

          This is also my first post to the list and I too look forward to the
          exchange of information and ideas with all the list members. Oh, and Randy,
          you might check your computer Date and Time or maybe I have lost a few
          days. <G>

          Regards,

          Larry

          Lawrence E. Golden
          Private Investigator
          OK Lic. PIA1717 AGI14689
          Pager: 405 770-2170

          ----
        • LandSharks, U.S.A..
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 1998
            Randy,

            Welcome to the list.

            I have not noticed or have I heard of a URL in reference to your question.
            We have access to many databases that allow us to conduct this type of
            research, and I'm not speaking of the databases that you have mentioned.
            We have found over the years that the big boys want the big bucks for
            information that in most cases is available from almost any CD Rom, as
            mentioned by a previous post list member. I believe that Phone Disc Power
            Finder will produce your information in question. These CD ROM's are sold
            in a 5 CD set. Available from Digital Directory Assistance, Inc.
            800-284-8353.
            Office Depot, Office Max, Best Buy etc. The product allows users to research

            in many types of fields. Should you have any questions ? Please feel free
            to contact me or any one of our staff members, and we will try to lead you
            in
            the right direction.

            In hopes this information helps

            Thank You
            Brenda
            LandSharks, U.S.A.

            http://www.freeyellow.com/members/landsharks/locate.html

            Roger Donaldson wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
            > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
            > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
            > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
            > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
            > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
            > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
            > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
            >
            > Randy Donalds
            > Express Investigations
            > ----
            > --
          • referral
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 23, 1998
              Roger Donaldson wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > New to the list, looking forward to exchange of ideas/techniques. . .
              > Speaking of, does anyone have a decent WWW source/URL for generating
              > neighbors (for telephone canvasses, activity checks, etc.). I know that
              > several commercial databases/infobrokers offer this service (e.g.,
              > Metronet, Equifax), and that you can purchase the Prophone CD rom, but I
              > was curious if any other investigators have ever stumbled upon a web
              > page that would allow one to generate this. They can come in very handy
              > in backgrounds, etc. when attempting to fashion a reasonable pretext.
              >
              > Randy Donalds
              > Express Investigations
              > ----
              > --

              Roger: Welcome to the list. If you live around a large city the
              library will some times give you the cross street index and
              neighbors ect.. I live in Indianapolis and our library will do
              this service for free by phone.

              Hope this helps

              Burt/referrals@...
              ----