Skidmark Speed Nomograph

  • Thomas.S.Kauffman@gruppomgus.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
      Can someone give a small example of how the Skidmark Speed Nomograph
      is used/applied. I´m preparing the materials for a drivers course
      for our employees (ambulance designated driver) and I´m not sure I
      have figured out how to use the skidmark speed nomograph (FEMA
      Emergency Vehicle Driver Training).

      Does distance tell me how far the vehicle will skid at a given speed;
      or the speed according to the length of the skidmarks?

      Thanks for the Help!!

      Thomas
    • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
        Hi Thomas, . As I have been taught , it is more than the length to gage the
        speed. It has somewhat the composit of the roadway . Concrete, type,
        blacktop and or the weather conditions. Even humidity can effect the
        outcome, Rubber composit of the tires etc.. Tom Hoy AM/PM
        Investigations Int'.
      • HEOPER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
          Ive got no idea! Sorry!!
        • Kauffman, Thomas T PET
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 8, 2001
            Danny;

            Thanks for the information, I appreciate your help!

            Sincerely,

            Thomas

          • Danny Horton