Skidmark Speed Nomograph

  • Thomas.S.Kauffman@gruppomgus.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
      Can someone give a small example of how the Skidmark Speed Nomograph
      is used/applied. I´m preparing the materials for a drivers course
      for our employees (ambulance designated driver) and I´m not sure I
      have figured out how to use the skidmark speed nomograph (FEMA
      Emergency Vehicle Driver Training).

      Does distance tell me how far the vehicle will skid at a given speed;
      or the speed according to the length of the skidmarks?

      Thanks for the Help!!

      Thomas
    • Thomas.S.Kauffman@gruppomgus.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001

      • TOMPIAM001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
          Hi Thomas, . As I have been taught , it is more than the length to gage the
          speed. It has somewhat the composit of the roadway . Concrete, type,
          blacktop and or the weather conditions. Even humidity can effect the
          outcome, Rubber composit of the tires etc.. Tom Hoy AM/PM
          Investigations Int'.
        • HEOPER@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2001
            Ive got no idea! Sorry!!
          • Kauffman, Thomas T PET
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2001
              Danny;

              Thanks for the information, I appreciate your help!

              Sincerely,

              Thomas

            • Danny Horton