Re: [infoguys-list] Credit reports

  • Bime8062@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2001
      not touching this one not even a nibble...........
    • David H. Press
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2003
        I need some clarification, please:

        Can someone pull a credit report without a signed authorization?

        Thanks,

        David H. Press
        dhp@...
        Press Investigations Inc.
        3 Danada Square East #262
        Wheaton, IL 60187
        630-637-4008
      • Ron Rugen
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 16, 2003
          Legally, you cannot get a credit report on someone without having a court
          judgment against them or unless they give you signed permission. It is my
          understanding some persons sell "ghost" credit reports for between $60 and
          $125 that are offshore. The reports allegedly do not show up on their
          credit reports as hits, thus, the thought it that it is hard to prove that
          it was done.

          I do not know who does them because I refuse to knowingly do anything
          illegal. But some unscrupulous characters are selling them. Personally, if
          I knew anybody that offered them, it would make me immediately suspect about
          the legality/morality of any of their work.

          If you would like to peruse the related federal laws, I have the text of the
          Fair Debt Collection Practices Act on my website: www.GetMyCash.com and
          click on FDCPA.

          Ron Rugen, LPI - Heartland Judgment Recovery & Investigations
          Mid-Missouri - 573.657.1040 (v) 314.754.7454 (fax) - rugen@...
          Featuring: Phone/Pager/Fax CNA's, Employment/Bank Locates. PRICE LIST FAXED
          BY REQUEST.
          Basic One-Page PI Websites $100

          "Forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the
          meeting." -- Gen. Norman Schwartzkopf

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 17, 2003
            Would that none be holier than thou. Suppose you were investigating a con artist and
            a "ghost" credit report would give you ammunition to put him out of business, and
            save your client from disaster in the bargain? And assuming a third-party source
            report would not be illegal in this situation anyway, would obtaining it under the
            circumstances be immoral, considering the expected end results?

            Ray Madison

            ===============
            > Ron Rugen, LPI - Heartland Judgment Recovery & Investigations
            > Mid-Missouri - 573.657.1040 (v) 314.754.7454 (fax) - rugen@c...
            > Featuring: Phone/Pager/Fax CNA's, Employment/Bank Locates. PRICE LIST FAXED
            > BY REQUEST.
            > Basic One-Page PI Websites $100
            >
            > "Forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the
            > meeting." -- Gen. Norman Schwartzkopf

          • Ron Rugen
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 18, 2003
              First, Ray we deserve a signature line to know who the heck you are.

              Secondly, I don't understand your first sentence the way you worded it. If you are implying that my comment is holier than thou, so be it. When your sitting in your jail cell contemplating my holiness, I'll be enjoying dinner with my family.

              Finally, the answer is no. Perhaps you, as you imply, have gray areas of compliance. That is your perogative on the way you run your business while you're a free man. As for me, I will comply with the law in re to a credit report (1) under authorized signature, or (2) proof of a judgment.

              No wonder you didn't leave a signature line with an unethical reply like that.
              Ron Rugen, LPI - Heartland Judgment Recovery & Investigations
              Mid-Missouri - 573.657.1040 (v) 314.754.7454 (fax) - rugen@...
              Featuring: Phone/Pager/Fax CNA's, Employment/Bank Locates. PRICE LIST FAXED BY REQUEST.
              Basic One-Page PI Websites $100

              "Forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." -- Gen. Norman Schwartzkopf

              This correspondence should not be misconstrued
              as legal advice. For such, contact a licensed attorney.
              I am not an attorney.

              ===============
              > Ron Rugen, LPI - Heartland Judgment Recovery & Investigations
              > Mid-Missouri - 573.657.1040 (v) 314.754.7454 (fax) - rugen@c...
              > Featuring: Phone/Pager/Fax CNA's, Employment/Bank Locates. PRICE LIST FAXED
              > BY REQUEST.
              > Basic One-Page PI Websites $100
              >
              > "Forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the
              > meeting." -- Gen. Norman Schwartzkopf

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • ray_madison
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19, 2003
                My question was related to your contention that using "ghost" reports was immoral as
                well as, or separately from, being illegal. I wanted to see if you knew the difference. I
                leave it to other readers to decide that from your response.

                Ray Madison
                Ethical Judgement Recovery
                Washington, DC

                subscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-subscribe@yahoogroups.com</a><br/

                > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a href="mailto:infoguys-list-
                unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com">infoguys-list-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</
                a><br/>

              • Rus B. Robison
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 19, 2003
                  I believe that we all have concerns about our liberties and livelihood these
                  days. The screws get turned down tighter every year.

                  Ron's point is that if you are going to do something stupid to try to skirt
                  the law, keep it to yourself. I, for one, do not wish to have any knowledge
                  of someone else in the profession committing a crime. As we have learned in
                  the past, many of these list servers archive messages that could ultimately
                  be brought into a court action and used against offenders and anyone who
                  sanctioned the event that brings the matter in front of the court. I have
                  not desire, or intent, to be one of the people counting the buttons on the
                  front of the judge's robe.

                  There is a list of about 14 permissible reasons a credit report may be
                  gathered. In my humble opinion, and not legal advice, if your need falls
                  within one of the reasons stated, you may gather the report, with or without
                  a signed authorization, although a signed authorization or other paper
                  evidence should be retained by you for justification for the action. If you
                  are investigating possible bank fraud or identity theft, obtaining a release
                  from a suspect is not highly likely.

                  Bottom line is to not let your adrenal gland overflow to the extent to cause
                  your buttocks to be exposed.

                  With best regards, I remain...

                  Very truly yours,
                  RUS B. ROBISON AND ASSOCIATES, INC.
                  PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

                  Rus B. Robison

                  Rus B. Robison and Associates, Inc.
                  Private Investigators
                  Post Office Box 720560
                  Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73172-0560
                  (405) 721-2295 Voice
                  (877) 721-2295 Toll-Free

                  rbr@...

                  Oklahoma's FIRST State Licensed Private Investigation Agency.

                  Serving all of Oklahoma and the great Southwest since 1972.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 20, 2003
                    Rus,

                    You are quite right about this. I don't want to hear about it, either. But, the fact is, that since the messages for this list are showing up on Google, the whole Internet has already heard about it.

                    My humble suggestion is to make the the archives available just to list members. I can understand wanting to have an open list, but since anyone can join, why not make the archives available just to members? Do we really want messages indexed by search engines? Just a thought. I would like to add that even if messages aren't archived, when you send a message to a list, it will be stored in many, many places in addition to list archives. All of these copies are available to be used as evidence.

                    J., Spies Online Webmaster
                    http://www.spiesonline.net