GPS Tacking

  • ICUINC@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
      Can anyone provide me with information regarding GPS vehicle tracking
      systems. I need to know which ones work the best and where to purchase such
      product.

      Thanks
      Dean Smith
      ICU Investigations, Inc.
      Marlton, NJ
      856-988-6777
    • Sean Morrison
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
        > Can anyone provide me with information regarding GPS vehicle tracking
        > systems. I need to know which ones work the best and where to purchase
        such
        > product.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Dean Smith
        > ICU Investigations, Inc.
        > Marlton, NJ
        > 856-988-6777

        href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@...">infoguys-list-subscribe@m
        akelist.com</a><br/>
        href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@...">infoguys-list-unsubscri
        be@...</a><br/>

        > Good morning associates, and Dean Smith,

        I would advise the list to e-mail Mike Durkee who is with VechicleTrak
        Technologies. Discuss what you want with him at 410-308-3494, or e-mail him
        at mdurkee@.... You may mention that sas@pgonline recommended him to
        you. Good luck.

        Sean Morrison C.I.I.
        sas@...
        Your Canadian Connection.
      • vpat23@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
          Call Kelly Fromm of Spooktech. He is the absolute best man to talk to about
          this. I just got off the phone with him about a few hours ago and invested in
          a GPS system. He took the time to explain everything I wanted to know and
          gave me a GREAT price on the unit. I can't wait to try it out!

          Sincerely,
          Michael Colella, M.S., L.P.D.
          Colella Investigation Services, Inc.
          Website: www.investigation-services.com
          (630) 820-9085 - Main Office
          (630) 820-9086 - Fax
          (815) 293-4707 - Branch Office
          (708) 750-4858 - 24 Hour Hotline
          (708) 379-5560 - Pager (on-call investigator)
          IL Lic. # 117-000917

          "If you measure a man by the clothes he wears,
          or the car he drives, you are using the wrong measuring tool."

        • jph3190@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
            www.mobytel.com

             The best is NOT cheap!

            John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
            301-231-9612
            Potomac Private Investigations
                  &
            Sales Rep for
            MobyTEL of Washington,D.C.
          • jph3190@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
              The main concern with any GPS System is the return signal carrier. Cellular
              or Digital Data.  Cellular has all the same problems as your cell phone. If
              your cellphone is in a dead spot so is your tracking device.

                 GPS devices commonly get their location by receiving the GPS signals. The
              device then needs to send that data back to you or store it for later
              retrieval.  If you want real time tracking, the most common signal carrier
              used is Cellular.  MobTEL uses a national all data digital network.  The
              advantage is that using a dedicated all digital network, Your device is not
              competing with Voice traffic. Digital signal strength needed is less
              demanding.  The data is encrypted.

               Most GPS units of quality are going to cost around $5,000 to $7,000 and
              give you the ability to record (and play back for evidence) in real time.
              Cellular is the Most common carrier due to the easy activation.  The unit
              should also have the ability to remote switch several devices at the upper $
              end. ( engine start/kill, door lock, carjack alarm, etc.)   The tracking
              device is around $3000 and the needed software around $3,500 (average)

              John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.
            • lne221@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
                I know that I love my GPS.

                Elena McAllister, RN, BA
                Law Guardian Investigator
                25 Green Acre Way
                Glassboro, NJ 08028
                856-863-8421
                LNE221@...
              • Carl A. Clauson
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 31, 2001
                • ray_madison@hotmail.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2001
                    What type is it, and where did you buy it?

                    --- In infoguys-list@y..., lne221@a... wrote:
                    > I know that I love my GPS.
                    >
                    > Elena McAllister, RN, BA
                    > Law Guardian Investigator
                    > 25 Green Acre Way
                    > Glassboro, NJ 08028
                    > 856-863-8421
                    > LNE221@A...
                  • joyce ostrander
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2001
                      from: abonne@...

                      I haven't seen any response from Calif. P.I.'s so I will ask the question
                      of legality. In Ca. there are laws that say we can't use tracking
                      devices. Do other states have those laws and has anyone found a loop
                      hole?

                    • lne221@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 8, 2001
                        My GPS system came with my car. It is by Navigation Technologies. The system
                        was made for Infiniti. It is a great system!

                        Elena McAllister, RN, BA
                        Law Guardian Investigator
                        25 Green Acre Way
                        Glassboro, NJ 08028
                        856-863-8421
                        LNE221@...
                      • jph3190@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 8, 2001
                          That System uses Cellular signal to send the data back to the monitoring
                          station. Good system. The system can be used by an outside party to track you
                          using a cell cloning device, not a good idea for those wanting to keep their
                          location secure.

                          John P. Hilderbrand, Sr.