Re: [infoguys-list] Re: It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it...

  • Shelly Miller
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 27, 2001
      ...you guys have all missed the point. This has not been only about misspelled words, ok? Party on.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 28, 2001
        > I ask again, what is professionalism?

        1. Knowing when to end a childish and unproductive battle of words.

        2. Knowing how to cut out all the useless garbage in a reply, instead of posting it over and over again.

        > And who gives a hoot about the spell check.

        1. Clients

        2. Prospective clients

        3. English majors

        > This time I ask publicly for your opinion and the
        > reason to make this list worth staying on....

        Cuz you might just either contribute or learn something worthwhile.

        Lighten up everyone. It's the weekend!

        --
        Steven W. Gudin, Director
        Intercept Investigations

        Tel: (702)547-5200
        Fax: (702)547-3535

        http://www.intercept-spytech.com
      • Victor G. Csaszar
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 28, 2001
          > > I ask again, what is professionalism?

          > 1. Knowing when to end a childish and unproductive battle of words.

          Nope, that would be called wisdom

          > 2. Knowing how to cut out all the useless garbage in a reply, instead
          of posting it over and over again.

          Nope, that would be called consideration

          But if you add the two and a few other ones to the list, that _would_
          add up to professionalism.

          Victor

          P.S.: forgive my 4AM urge to philosophize :)
        • John Paradiso
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 28, 2001
            very well put, Victor, i agree
            John S. Paradiso