[infoguys-list] Re: computer help

  • Robert F. Nesvick Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
      This has happened to me also, I have mine in the shop as we speak. I had just got it out Friday night, installed the Microsoft upgrades, rebooted and that's all she wrote.

      Bob Nesvick
      Juneau, AK

      Jerry Merrill wrote:

       Tina, I had this same problem when I down loaded an update from Microsoft.  The explanation was that some of the files did not copy and it caused the links between .dll files and others to crash.  What I had to do was to remove all my important files from my c: drive to another drive (fortunately I had a slave drive set up), reformat the C: drive and reinstall windows from scratch.  Sometimes you can reinstall windows with out the reformatting of your hard drive, but more often than not it won't let you do this.  Some information is available through their Microsoft web sight.  If you need to you can call Microsoft customer service for assistance, but be prepared to pay(through the nose) and go through several menus before talking to a "real person". Good luck, Jerry MerrillMerrill Investigations of Maine
      click here
      Click Here!
      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list