[infoguys-list] Re: computer help

  • Jerry Merrill
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
      Tina,

      I had this same problem when I down loaded an update from Microsoft.  The explanation was that some of the files did not copy and it caused the links between .dll files and others to crash.  What I had to do was to remove all my important files from my c: drive to another drive (fortunately I had a slave drive set up), reformat the C: drive and reinstall windows from scratch.  Sometimes you can reinstall windows with out the reformatting of your hard drive, but more often than not it won't let you do this.  Some information is available through their Microsoft web sight.  If you need to you can call Microsoft customer service for assistance, but be prepared to pay(through the nose) and go through several menus before talking to a "real person".

      Good luck,

      Jerry Merrill
      Merrill Investigations of Maine

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
    • Lee Smallwood
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
        TINA, CALL 1-706-776-6495 ASK FOR TIM HAYDEN, TELL HIM S&W INVESTIGATIONS
        REFERRED YOU TO HIM. HE CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, TELL HIM TO SEND ME THE
        BILL. REGARDS LEE SMALLWOOD SR.

        Tina Peeler wrote:

        > Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
        > Nothing has worked thus far
        > I'll try to make this short Windows does open I have a task bar
        > I can run quickbooks, word, and games
        > I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
        > I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
        > COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
        > When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
        > I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
        > rundll error messages when windows opens.
        > Thanks guys!
        > Tina

        > Don't let the next virus knock you out! Special Offer to eGroups members
        > Install @Backup by June 30th and win a $100 Gift Certificate from Amazon
        > .com and @Backup free for a year! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/363
        >
        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
      • cornerstone
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
          When you uninstalled the program you destroyed some important files. Now you must uninstall windows and re-install it then what ever you did will be fixed. I would suggest spending a few bucks and have a pro do this. Not re-format the hard drive, just un-install windows and re-install it. All those error messages etc are because of files that were there but aren't now.

          Jim Towers Cornerstone Investigations (cse@...)
          Tina Peeler wrote:

          Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
          Nothing has worked thus far
          I'll try to make this short     Windows does open I have a task bar
          I can run quickbooks, word,  and games
          I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
          I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
          COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
          When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
          I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
          rundll error messages when windows opens.
          Thanks guys!
          Tina

          click here
          Click Here!