[infoguys-list] computer help

  • Tina Peeler
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 1999
      Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
      Nothing has worked thus far
      I'll try to make this short Windows does open I have a task bar
      I can run quickbooks, word, and games
      I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
      I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
      COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
      When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
      I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
      rundll error messages when windows opens.
      Thanks guys!
      Tina

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
    • Tina Peeler
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 1999
        Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
        Nothing has worked thus far
        I'll try to make this short Windows does open I have a task bar
        I can run quickbooks, word, and games
        I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
        I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
        COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
        When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
        I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
        rundll error messages when windows opens. Also my CDROM does not work
        (previous prob.)
        Thanks guys!
        Tina

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
      • Jerry Merrill
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
          Tina,

          I had this same problem when I down loaded an update from Microsoft.  The explanation was that some of the files did not copy and it caused the links between .dll files and others to crash.  What I had to do was to remove all my important files from my c: drive to another drive (fortunately I had a slave drive set up), reformat the C: drive and reinstall windows from scratch.  Sometimes you can reinstall windows with out the reformatting of your hard drive, but more often than not it won't let you do this.  Some information is available through their Microsoft web sight.  If you need to you can call Microsoft customer service for assistance, but be prepared to pay(through the nose) and go through several menus before talking to a "real person".

          Good luck,

          Jerry Merrill
          Merrill Investigations of Maine

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
        • Lee Smallwood
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
            TINA, CALL 1-706-776-6495 ASK FOR TIM HAYDEN, TELL HIM S&W INVESTIGATIONS
            REFERRED YOU TO HIM. HE CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS, TELL HIM TO SEND ME THE
            BILL. REGARDS LEE SMALLWOOD SR.

            Tina Peeler wrote:

            > Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
            > Nothing has worked thus far
            > I'll try to make this short Windows does open I have a task bar
            > I can run quickbooks, word, and games
            > I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
            > I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
            > COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
            > When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
            > I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
            > rundll error messages when windows opens.
            > Thanks guys!
            > Tina

            > Don't let the next virus knock you out! Special Offer to eGroups members
            > Install @Backup by June 30th and win a $100 Gift Certificate from Amazon
            > .com and @Backup free for a year! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/363
            >
            > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list

            eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/infoguys-list
          • cornerstone
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 22, 1999
              When you uninstalled the program you destroyed some important files. Now you must uninstall windows and re-install it then what ever you did will be fixed. I would suggest spending a few bucks and have a pro do this. Not re-format the hard drive, just un-install windows and re-install it. All those error messages etc are because of files that were there but aren't now.

              Jim Towers Cornerstone Investigations (cse@...)
              Tina Peeler wrote:

              Thanks to all who responded to my pleas!
              Nothing has worked thus far
              I'll try to make this short     Windows does open I have a task bar
              I can run quickbooks, word,  and games
              I cannot run netscape, program manager, winzip etc...
              I have no e-mail. When I try to run programs I get the message:The
              COMDLG32.DLL file is linked to missing export Shell32.dll:645
              When I try to re-install anything I get ERROR in running C:\........
              I cannot open the add and remove programs location. Also I get several
              rundll error messages when windows opens.
              Thanks guys!
              Tina

              click here
              Click Here!