Re: [infoguys-list] Fw: Criminal charges agains Rose Mary Cyr

  • G.A.R.S.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
      Well Anselmo,
      If anyone had any doubts before that you were one and the same person, I would say all doubts have vanished at this point. Personally I can tell you if the Dutch Government tries to do anything to an American citizen I for one will not tolerate it, and furthermore will take any measure necessary to including the extreme to protect any American citizen. Now, it seems to me that enough is enough. I don't know who is in the right here, but I do think that both of you have acted extremely unprofessional.
      Rose Marie,
      If you have proof of the allegations you have made here on this list, then I suggest you direct them to the list owner. Who ultimately has the right and ability to remove anyone. You can email that person direct at
      infoguys-list-owner@egroups.com and leave the rest of us out of it

      Brian Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
        Jacques,

        You're missing the point.  Americans have a wonderful tradition of insulting other Americans as well as anyone else who gets in our sights.  Americans also go to great and sometimes illogical extremes to protect the right of freedom of speech, not only in America but sometimes around the world.  And too many Americans died in in Europe to give that and other freedoms back to European people who at the time were helpless to help themselves.  So don't pass of your misguided efforts to castigate and litigate against Rose Mary Cyr as a defense against national insults.  If your attorney is recommending that action, I strongly suggest you get a new attorney.  Or better yet, spend the money you would give to the attorney and go buy a good bottle of wine, kick back, and think about the stupidity that will be avoiding.

        Regards,

        Gil

        Gil Zimmerman
        Cabinet ERHART, Paris, France
        mailto:gilz@...
        http://www.cabinet-erhart.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
          Well when it comes to insults they are a dime a dozen, and to make an insult against all Americans wouldn't be anything new. There are a lot of ungrateful people out there who take the sacrifices others have made to ensure their freedoms, for granted. That's something all Americans must get used to if we are to truly live under an umbrella of self government and real freedom.
          However getting to the point at hand, regardless of any insults made to you or your people she certainly is not alone in that respect. There have been many insults flying around, and I'm not convinced she owes you an apology, nor am I convinced you owe her one. What I do think, is that both of you owe the list an apology for getting us involved in a matter that does not pertain to us. Furthermore, if you expect no comment on the messages you have posted then you shouldn't have posted them directly to the list. They should have been handled privately and discreetly. Furthermore she has not made any public threats to you to get our government involved and take action against you personally, where as you have. Now I, as have the rest of us, have watched  this go on for some time. A matter which should not be posted, but rather handled with the list owner directly. I think you both have grounds for rather convincing arguments, in that she claims to have evidence against you, and while she has posted her messages to the group has not posted this evidence. And she does have a valid complaint that her name was associated in a case that she had nothing to do with. Either way, you are both wrong in the way this thing has been handled. I think it is clear from various messages from the group that all of us are tired of this dragging on, and furthermore out of professional courtesy this matter should be dropped from the list without further comment, and handled directly with the parties that are equipped to deal with such a matter. I hope, you can either drop this case or realize the unprofessional actions that have ensued here and take this matter off of the list.

          Brian Brown