RE: [infoguys-list] Fw: Criminal charges agains Rose Mary Cyr

  • Gil Zimmerman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
      Jacques,

      This is another time that you should have made your message private to Rose Mary.

      I am sorry that you and Anselmo have your collective national ego out of joint.  Before you take such capricious action as attempting to litigate for someone's opinion, take a look at the tourists brochures for the sex trade in your country.  Maybe a little more effort cleaning that up would establish more national credibility.  As to support from other investigators, at least in the US, it is a free country freedom of speech encompasses a wide range of opinion, but if you want to test any US or Dutch court's ability to control the internet, good luck my friend.  I hope you have a deep purse, bigger than your ego.

      I've read all of Rose Mary's message traffic that was posted to various lists.  I've also read all of Anselmo's that was posted in a similar manner.  I think Anselmo would be more worried about his potential criminal liability for (1) conducting investigations without a license (you said he had no license); (2) his potentially violating of US Federal laws regarding (a) release of confidential data, (b) stalking, or (c) violation of a court order or court rules (remember he's the one who said there was pending litigation - the claim was to the US Supreme Court - what a crock); and (3) potential violation of EU privacy regulations for disclosing the same information.  From where I sit, it is Anselmo that needs legal advice.

      I think you need to step back from the abyss that you have concocted and get Anselmo straightened out first.  Maybe when he gets his license he can re-enter the newsgroup community with a little more credibility and hopefully, a lot less bullshit.

      And you can quote me, sue me, or meet me for coffee in Paris,

      Regards,

      Gil

      Gil Zimmerman
      Cabinet ERHART, Paris, France
      mailto:gilz@...
      http://www.cabinet-erhart.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
        Well Anselmo,
        If anyone had any doubts before that you were one and the same person, I would say all doubts have vanished at this point. Personally I can tell you if the Dutch Government tries to do anything to an American citizen I for one will not tolerate it, and furthermore will take any measure necessary to including the extreme to protect any American citizen. Now, it seems to me that enough is enough. I don't know who is in the right here, but I do think that both of you have acted extremely unprofessional.
        Rose Marie,
        If you have proof of the allegations you have made here on this list, then I suggest you direct them to the list owner. Who ultimately has the right and ability to remove anyone. You can email that person direct at
        infoguys-list-owner@egroups.com and leave the rest of us out of it

        Brian Brown
        After I saw this I spoke to my attorney. We agreed to inform the American Ambassy about your way of acting by several "bulletin boards". And with this we have many written statemants form other American P.I.'s who supporting us when we gonna bring "criminal" charges against you.

        We will consider what to do. We expect at least an apology (send to ALL the info lists) within 12 hours from now, specially about what you wrote "is common" for the Dutch people.

        If you turn down this normal request, we will send this copy to all infolists and start this "criminal" case against you in name of 17 mil. Dutch citizens.

        Intercept Investigations Ltd.
        Dr. Jac. H. Smits Ph.D./M.A.
        P.o. Box 217
        NL 6660 AE - Elst
        The Netherlands

        >Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000
        >Subject: Re:

        >If I keep my mouth shut then someone on one of these lists is going to
        >help this asshole locate the little boy who was sexually molested by his
        >"father" and return this little boy (a US citizen, by the way) to his father in Holland(where sex with children is common) for further violation and physical damage to the little >boy.  If you'd prefer THAT then I'll keep my mouth shut just for you.

        >Rose Mary Cyr

      • Gil Zimmerman
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
          Jacques,

          You're missing the point.  Americans have a wonderful tradition of insulting other Americans as well as anyone else who gets in our sights.  Americans also go to great and sometimes illogical extremes to protect the right of freedom of speech, not only in America but sometimes around the world.  And too many Americans died in in Europe to give that and other freedoms back to European people who at the time were helpless to help themselves.  So don't pass of your misguided efforts to castigate and litigate against Rose Mary Cyr as a defense against national insults.  If your attorney is recommending that action, I strongly suggest you get a new attorney.  Or better yet, spend the money you would give to the attorney and go buy a good bottle of wine, kick back, and think about the stupidity that will be avoiding.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2000
            Well when it comes to insults they are a dime a dozen, and to make an insult against all Americans wouldn't be anything new. There are a lot of ungrateful people out there who take the sacrifices others have made to ensure their freedoms, for granted. That's something all Americans must get used to if we are to truly live under an umbrella of self government and real freedom.
            However getting to the point at hand, regardless of any insults made to you or your people she certainly is not alone in that respect. There have been many insults flying around, and I'm not convinced she owes you an apology, nor am I convinced you owe her one. What I do think, is that both of you owe the list an apology for getting us involved in a matter that does not pertain to us. Furthermore, if you expect no comment on the messages you have posted then you shouldn't have posted them directly to the list. They should have been handled privately and discreetly. Furthermore she has not made any public threats to you to get our government involved and take action against you personally, where as you have. Now I, as have the rest of us, have watched  this go on for some time. A matter which should not be posted, but rather handled with the list owner directly. I think you both have grounds for rather convincing arguments, in that she claims to have evidence against you, and while she has posted her messages to the group has not posted this evidence. And she does have a valid complaint that her name was associated in a case that she had nothing to do with. Either way, you are both wrong in the way this thing has been handled. I think it is clear from various messages from the group that all of us are tired of this dragging on, and furthermore out of professional courtesy this matter should be dropped from the list without further comment, and handled directly with the parties that are equipped to deal with such a matter. I hope, you can either drop this case or realize the unprofessional actions that have ensued here and take this matter off of the list.

            Brian Brown