Regards to what Brett is tying to educate the list on.

  • wadinv
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2000
      Several Months ago, we had a similar outbreak on the list that lasted weeks because people kept passing it around...It is not a dangerous worm, but a pain in the rear end that will continue to mutate....I suggest everyone check their systems and do not send any e-mails to the list until they make sure they have cleaned/deleted their signature file. If you need more information on the Kak worm, you can go to McAffee.com....To check if you have it:
      Go to Start/Programs/Start Up...If it is listed there, don't restart your computer...Delete it immediately. Then go to:
      Start/Run/Regedit....
      +H key Current User/+ Signature (remove)
      Then:
      +H key local machine/+ software/ +microsoft/ +windows/ +current version/+run     if you see :
      Kak or Kagou-Anti-Krosoft or anything like cAgOu....Delete it immediately....
      It is hard to remove and will stay in your system if you restart your computer....So please until you know for sure, don't restart it. and Quit sending that Hi Gang Message around again.....
      Laura Wallace
      Without a Doubt Investigations, Inc.