Everyone MUST read this - New "Hi Group" VIRUS ALERT

  • Brett D. Mikkelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2000
      Well, apparently we have some incredibly stupid people on this list who like
      to hit the reply button resending this KAK worm to everyone so we get to
      check our system 10 times per day.

      This is what you SHOULD NOT DO!! Let´s see now:
      1. You rcv a virus from the list.
      2. You click on the "reply" button and send it BACK to the list.

      This is what you SHOULD DO:

      1. You rcv a virus from the list.
      2. You delete the EMail.
      3. You conduct a virus scan of your system to ensure you no longer have the
      virus.
      4. You write a completely NEW EMail informing the list that there is a
      virus amongst us.

      Get with it people - let´s not HELP to pass this thing around.

      Brett

      Brett D. Mikkelson
      B.M. Investigations, Inc.
      Republic of Panama
      EMail brett@...
      ICQ 26467553
      Telephone ++ (507) 214-3475 / 214-6339
      FAX ++ (507) 214-9787
      Cellular phone ++ (507) 674-1188
    • kent conwell
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2000
        a brief note about kak. sometime back, i had it (from this group), so I
        went to a search engine and found the solution. in addition, the solution
        loaded something in my software so i can't catch it again. i'm quite sure
        there are many of your much more computer literate than i who can make this
        much clearer, but the point i'd like to make is that once you rid yourself
        of the worm, put in place preventative measures for it to reoccur.
        regards, kent conwell
        > Well, apparently we have some incredibly stupid people on this list who
        like
        > to hit the reply button resending this KAK worm to everyone so we get to
        > check our system 10 times per day.
        >
        > This is what you SHOULD NOT DO!! Let´s see now:
        > 1. You rcv a virus from the list.
        > 2. You click on the "reply" button and send it BACK to the list.
        >
        > This is what you SHOULD DO:
        >
        > 1. You rcv a virus from the list.
        > 2. You delete the EMail.
        > 3. You conduct a virus scan of your system to ensure you no longer have
        the
        > virus.
        > 4. You write a completely NEW EMail informing the list that there is a
        > virus amongst us.
        >
        > Get with it people - let´s not HELP to pass this thing around.
        >
        > Brett
        >

        > Brett D. Mikkelson
        > B.M. Investigations, Inc.
        > Republic of Panama