Re: [infoguys-list] Another needs help :)

  • Wanda191463@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
      In a message dated 10/3/00 9:17:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
      lcmpi@... writes:

      > you may need a court order.I'm facing a similar situation here in Alabama.

      Crap, I figured it was gonna be hard. They dont like giving up things that
      could MAKE them look bad........grrrrrrrr.
      Thanks anyway
      Wanda
    • lne221@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2000
        In a message dated 10/3/00 9:57:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

        << Subj: [infoguys-list] Another needs help :)
        Date: 10/3/00 9:57:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time
        From: Wanda191463@...
        To: infoguys-list@egroups.com

        Hello,
        I was wondering if anyone could tell the proper way to word a letter to the
        DA's office if I want information retaining to a case they prosecuted 6
        years
        ago.
        It was pretty easy getting the Police Report and a few other reports but I'm
        not real sure the DA's office is going to be so generous.
        I'm in Texas and it would be the Harris County DA in HOuston...
        THank you so much and I am hoping someone can help or steer me in the right
        direction.
        Oh, this is a Capital Murder case and the Person was wrongfully convicted.
        Thanks Wanda

        <hr>
        To subscribe, send an empty message to <A
        HREF="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@...">
        infoguys-list-subscribe@...</A><br/>
        To unsubscribe, send a message to <A
        HREF="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@...">

        <hr>

        Wanda,
        Just ask them. Tell them who you are and what you want. I do this a few times
        a month and I have no problem. They are usually willing to help me out. I
        work for the Public Defender's Office. Although none of my requests have been
        Capital Murder Cases.
        Let me know how you make out. You can do it!

        Elena McAllister, RN, BA
        Law Guardian Investigator
        25 Green Acre Way
        Glassboro, NJ 08028
        856-863-8421
        LNE221@...
      • G.A.R.S.
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9, 2000
          Wanda,
          I've never dealt with a case on the criminal end with the exception of being a witness, but I would think that the information you seek should be covered under the Freedom of Information Act