Re: Manslaughter Appeal

  • Jamey
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2000
      Mr Miller,
      From a laypersons point of view I would hope you are investigating
      her
      atty. for sheer idiocy. They are appealing I hope. I do understand
      where you are coming from(about the racial thing, re-elections,) but
      have a hard time believing that to be the only reason for the
      conviction. If the boy was legally intoxicated, this was discovered
      by
      autopsy and entered in the court records? Yet ignored?
      I do know 85S (traveled down that way quite a bit)and I am trying to
      understand how the incident happened. Did she break down right in the
      middle of the highway? Was she on the side of the road? Was the
      accident scene investigated properly to prove that he was speeding?
      (speed limit is 70 down there)
      I just can't think of any cases similar to a drunk hitting someone
      and
      that someone getting sent to jail. The drunk, yes. The innocent
      person
      they hit? no.
      What exactly did the Atty do in order to defend his client??
      It sure doesn't sound like much.

      Jamey

      --- In infoguys-list@egroups.com, "Larry C. Miller" <lcmpi@b...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks,Brian for your kind words.I'm ashamed to say it but this was
      > purely a racial matter.My client is a 61 year old Black
      Female,retired
      > school teacher,with no prior record.The judge was up for
      re-election,the
      > kid that killed himself was white and there were 30 letters sent to
      the
      > judge from his family and friends,including his pastor,requesting
      the
      > maximum sentence for my client.My client had as many letters sent
      the
      > judge stating what a fine Christian woman she was.Well,somehow her
      > letters never got into the court file(strange)My client ain't going
      > prison for this.Stay tuned you might see this case on CNN before it
      is
      > over.Thanks for your help.I'll let you know if there is anything
      you
      can

      href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@...">infoguys-list-subsc
      ribe@...</a><br/>