Re: [infoguys-list] Camera Options???

  • trakker454@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2000
      Put your big money in a good video camera that can shoot at night and take
      digital photos also and be used for covert operations,,,,,,,,try Sony TRV8

      Charles Williams

      Telstar Investigations Inc.
      1025 Connecticut Ave
      Suite 1012
      Washington DC, 20036
      5429 Mapledale Plaza
      Suite 131
      Dale City, Va. 22193
      _________________________
      703 927 4813
      703 580 9658 fax
      www.telstarinvestigations.com
      Member: PIAVa, GIN (Charter)
      Licensed and Insured in Washington DC and Virginia
    • Roy Niles
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2000
        I have a Sony TRV9 with night shot and extra IR illuminator. It has 15x
        optical telephoto lens, and takes excellent video and stills. I haven't
        used my Canon EOS-10S since I got the Sony. I also use a Sony VAIO computer
        for editing, selecting and saving stills, etc.

        >From: Viper <viper@...>
        >To: "infoguys-list@egroups.com" <infoguys-list@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [infoguys-list] Camera Options???
        >Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 20:06:54 -0400
        >
        >Hello fellow investigators. Being a fairly new investigator, I need
        >some advice from the group at large. I've been looking at a new camera
        >for use in the business. I had first looked at a digital camera (Sony
        >FD-95). After discussing the use of the camera with a local camera shop
        >owner, I am now questioning if this is the correct route to pursue. He
        >suggested either the Nikon F100 or Canon EOS 3 camera body with a
        >300-500 mm telephoto lense. I found the lense to be extremely
        >expensive. I suppose my question to the group is this, what size lense
        >have members found to be the most beneficial/useful in surveillance
        >work? Is a 500 mm lense overkill? Pros/Cons of digital vs. 35mm? I
        >appreciate any and all comments from the group.
        >
        >Jim King
        >A.K.A Viper *S*

      • Laura Wallace
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2000
          I have advertised this equipment in the past 2 weeks. I find this the best
          covert camera options that are hidden and blendable as well as take the best
          video. I am offering this at a steal due to medical reasons. Also, I have a
          set of 3 tower radios that cb for 2 miles at least, 9 batteries and
          chargers included. Great surveillance tools. If anyone is interested or know
          of anyone in the market for prime surveillance equipment, please contact me
          directly.
          The attachments are photos of the equipment and are safe attachments.

          Thank you,
          Laura Wallace
          Without a Doubt Investigations, Inc.
          Sarasota, FL 34237
          www.spygal.com
          wadinv@...

          > Put your big money in a good video camera that can shoot at night and take
          > digital photos also and be used for covert operations,,,,,,,,try Sony
          TRV8

          > Charles Williams
          >
          > Telstar Investigations Inc.
          > 1025 Connecticut Ave
          > Suite 1012
          > Washington DC, 20036
          > 5429 Mapledale Plaza
          > Suite 131
          > Dale City, Va. 22193
          href="mailto:infoguys-list-subscribe@...">infoguys-list-subscribe@m
          akelist.com</a><br/>
          > To unsubscribe, send a message to <a
          href="mailto:infoguys-list-unsubscribe@...">infoguys-list-unsubscri
          be@...</a><br/>

        • M. Geron, CFE, F.IPI, CII (Israel)
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 10, 2000
            At 07:21 AM 08/10/2000 +0000, you wrote:
            Subject: Re: Camera Options???

            Friends:

            We use the Sony digital TRV10E (the E is the PAL model for Europe). It does stills on the Memory Stick, and on the digital cassette, 0 Lux Nightshot and Slow Shutter, 120 zoom, Super Steady Shot, Carl Zeiss lens, has video input for board mount lens, and I could go on. I separately purchased a tele 2 converter bringing the zoom capability up to 240, and a polarizing filter to remove glare and reflection from glass surfaces. Our computers all have the Sony digital video card for image output in high quality right into our reports.

            A fantastic system.

            Best regards,
            Michael
            F. & M. GERON (1979) LTD. - ISRAEL
            International Investigative, Adjusting, Intelligence, and Related Services.
            Michael Geron, CFE, F.IPI, CII, GIN Charter, IOA Charter, AIO (Israel), NALI, SCIP, IKD
            Founder & President of the Israel Chapter of A.C.F.E.
            Regional Director for Israel of the CII
            AM BEST Recommended Special Investigator
            Tel. +972 9 7441810, Fax. +972 9 7440663
            Email: m_geron@...
            Corporate Brief: http://www.Israel-PI.com