Camera Options???

  • Viper
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2000
      Hello fellow investigators. Being a fairly new investigator, I need
      some advice from the group at large. I've been looking at a new camera
      for use in the business. I had first looked at a digital camera (Sony
      FD-95). After discussing the use of the camera with a local camera shop
      owner, I am now questioning if this is the correct route to pursue. He
      suggested either the Nikon F100 or Canon EOS 3 camera body with a
      300-500 mm telephoto lense. I found the lense to be extremely
      expensive. I suppose my question to the group is this, what size lense
      have members found to be the most beneficial/useful in surveillance
      work? Is a 500 mm lense overkill? Pros/Cons of digital vs. 35mm? I
      appreciate any and all comments from the group.

      Jim King
      A.K.A Viper *S*