Finally some common sense coming from a Chief of Police (Detroit)

  • suesarkis2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2014

      Now here is a man, Detroit COP James Craig who came from LAPD where he was indoctrinated to darn near total gun prohibition who then moved to Maine where CCW permits are handed out like candy but is also one of the safest places to live and realized real soon why there was a difference.

      Detroit Police Chief: Violent Criminals, Beware of Armed Residents

      Posted By Philip Hodges on Mar 11, 2014

      Detroit’s new Police Chief James Craig says what we all wish would be said by every other police officer in the country. He certainly doesn’t tow the line when it comes to gun control. He knows that when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

      In an interview with WDIV, he made it clear that there are going to be instances where there won’t be enough time to dial 911; that a resident will have to sometimes take lethal action against someone else in self-defense. He also put violent criminals on notice, warning them that there are residents who won’t put up with their violence.  Here he is -  (link to the video is below)

      Now that’s some common sense we could all agree with.

      What’s interesting is that Craig wasn’t always this “commonsensical.” He used to work for the LAPD. It wasn’t until 2009 when he moved to Maine that he saw the value in widespread gun ownership:

      “Coming from California (Craig was on the Los Angeles police force for 28 years), where it takes an act of Congress to get a concealed weapon permit, I got to Maine, where they give out lots of CCWs (carrying concealed weapon permits), and I had a stack of CCW permits I was denying; that was my orientation. I changed my orientation real quick. Maine is one of the safest places in America. Clearly, suspects knew that good Americans were armed.”

      Hopefully, he can be used to bring some common sense back to Detroit.

      Detroit police Chief Craig to gun owners: Defend your homes

      Detroit police defends armed homeowners fighting back intruders