It's obvious that CO needs licensing

  • suesarkis2001
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7 11:12 AM

      The licensure “opponents” are providing so much fodder as proof of the need for licensing that I cannot but help wonder if they even realize this.

      For starters, we have opponents who repeatedly make libelous accusations against a “proponent” alleging that he was expelled from an association for failure to pay for services rendered.  However, that is untrue as I understand it.  It has been presented repeatedly in their own words all over the Internet that he was dismissed for his failure to respond to an inquiry.  There is a very big difference.

      Although the alleged owed party filed a complaint with an association, I’ve seen no court docs affirming an unsatisfied judgment.

      Regardless of who is telling the truth as to whether the debt was paid or not, from what I am seeing the opponents are confirming the need for licensing.  If they are reckless enough to commit libel towards a colleague, just what the heck do they do to the consumers who have no legal forum to go to outside of hiring attorneys?

      Just my 2¢ worth !!!

      Sue

      In a message dated 2/7/2014 7:43:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, ryan@... writes:

      DENVER – A Colorado Springs private investigator who says he was stiffed four years ago by the current chair of the state’s largest association of private investigators says the chair is lying when he says he has since paid up.

      -          Details -

      Ryan Ross

      Principal Investigator

      Ross Investigators, P.C.

      1665 Grant St. #304

      Denver, CO. 80203

      303-832-6296

      303-954-4791 (fax)

      milehi-pi.com

      ryan@...

      If this email is sent pursuant to work for an attorney, it is attorney  work-product, privileged and not subject to disclosure.

    • RMRI, LLC on Yahoo
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 10 12:43 PM
        Here is what I want to know…..

        Why in the hell do you need a PI Board to regulate Private Investigators so that they won’t commit libel? I mean libel IS actionable in civl court, right?

        How redundant do you want to make our laws and regulations? What? An administrative hearing to determine if what one PI said about another is true or not, AND a libel lawsuit?

        Why do we need to regulate activities that already have a legal remedy under our current laws? And exactly why would the tax payer want to be taxed more money to set up regulations trying to remedy something that there is already a legal remedy for?

        Who in the hell has ever seen a PI Board determine if one PI was libeled by another, and discipline the “offending party”? Maybe that has happened, but I have never seen it.

        Much ado about nothing! AGAIN!

        Rick Gurley.

        RMRI, LLC.

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 10 12:56 PM

            Here is what I am saying.... Simply put.. Bullshit allegations of libel, and who did not pay who, and who wore a red shirt on a green shirt day, and all of the other CRAP reasons that one can think of to justify spending more money on licensing, is just that; CRAP!

            We are already over-regulated to death!

            Ricky B. Gurley.

            RMRI, LLC.

          • suesarkis2001

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 10 4:13 PM
                Sue,

                All true, and I have said the exact same thing before; a million times..

                I am not against LICENSING; believe it or not.

                I am against BULLSHIT LICENSING! What I have found is that states put up the buzz word “Consumer Protection”  to justify getting the tax payers to pay more money for much of nothing.

                You want REAL, EFFECTIVE Licensing?

                What about psychological exams for people applying for Private Investigator’s Licenses, so they don’t:

                (1) Come to each other’s house at 2:30 am after one has threatened to kill the other?

                (2) Flash their genitals all over the Instant Messenger, like a raincoat flasher?

                Think about those two incidents, and just exactly what people that do this things would do to the consumer!

                You want REAL, EFFECTIVE Licensing?

                What about individual certifications for specialty skilled investigations, like Digital Forensics and Forensic Accounting so Private Investigators don’t open up shop without even knowing how to turn a computer on or balance a checkbook, so they don’t:

                (1) Get some poor, innocent schmuck accused of possession of child pornography sent to prison for 10 years and put on a sex offender’s list for the rest of his life?

                (2) Get some poor executive that has worked all of his life to rise through the ranks at a large corporation fired for a theft he did not commit?

                This other “crap” we are discussing, does not protect the consumer; it gives some “Hillbilly PI Board” cause to screw with the unpopular guy they don’t like.

                Ricky Gurley.

                RMRI, LLC.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 10 6:57 PM

                  Rick -

                  No other person other than you has been discussing the other CRAP as having anything to do with the need for licensing.  It was an IF supposition as IF they do this to their colleagues, just what the heck do they do to the consumers.  Without licensing they have very little, if any, fear of the consumer.

                  Since I am personally familiar with both incidents you mention, nope, psychological testing is not the way to go.  Any of us could fool those tests quite easily.  LOL

                  Sue

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 10 7:57 PM

                    Sue Sarkis: "psychological testing is not the way to go.  Any of us could fool those tests quite easily.  LOL"

                    Something to weed out the "Nut Burgers", is better than nothing to weed out the "Nut Burgers".....

                    Rick Gurley

                    RMRI, LLC.

                  • oracleintl
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 11 9:03 AM
                      It is not my intention to address the general issue of licensing, or the particular issue that has been referenced here.  Instead, I want to address a narrowly defined issue that may not pertain to most.

                      If you find yourself working cases domestically or (especially) internationally, a license can open a lot of doors.  I have found that international authorities treat US Private Investigators however they choose to treat them, on a case by case basis.

                      While I CERTAINLY DO NOT recommend "flashing" a badge, when asked for credentials by international authorities, a professional case with a legitimate badge (assuming your licensing authority allows it) and state issued credentials actually can mean something - in many cases, quite a lot.

                      Just sharing a thought based on significant international experience.

                      Bill E. Branscum, Investigator
                      Oracle International
                      Naples, FL 34101
                      (239) 304-1639 V
                      (239) 641-6782 C
                      www.FraudsAndScams.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 11 2:13 PM

                        I have a business card made up with the U.S. Treasury Department Seal on it, and with Special Agent William Branscum in the center that I pass out to Law Enforcement Agencies when I am working a case. That seems to work well for me... LOL.

                        Ricky Gurley

                        RMRI, LLC.

                      • Mitch Davis
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 11 2:29 PM
                          thats a great credential to have, but you and i both know, the don king/mullet thing always gets you busted!
                          Mitch Davis
                          TSCM/Special Operations Group Inc.
                          20 Music Square West,Suite 208
                          Nashville, TN. 37203 USA
                          615.251.0441
                          Fax 615.523.0300
                          www.tscmusa.com

                          Technical Investigation Services
                          Handheld Communication Forensics/GPS forensics
                          Technical Surveillance Experts
                          Expert Witness Services

                          Notice:This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
                          If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination
                           or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify
                          the sender by reply e-mail so that the email address record can be corrected. Thank you.
                          ��

                          --

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 11 5:16 PM

                              Shoot, you're lucky they don't throw handcuffs on you.