Re: [infoguys-list] Oops, I think I used the wrong address

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24 6:07 PM
      On 6/24/2013 4:02 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

      > It used to be that all new subscribers were automatically moderated for
      > the first 2 weeks which, in the case of this list, was a great idea.
      > Remember, this list is open to anyone and everyone. Moderating newbies keeps out
      > the unwanted SPAM and crap. I also went over and unmoderated longtime
      > members who obviously had a problem with a moderator or two and gave them
      > enough rope. All went well.

      Both reasonable actions AFAIK. Perhaps a 30 day moderation period for
      new (and unknown) users would be apropos.

      > I feel like a real heel for having abdicated the thrown a while back but
      > my life situation had changed due to health related matters. Soon I will be
      > back to normal, I hope.

      That's throne and good to hear on the second but I must say that if the
      last sentence is true, god (or whomever) help us all!<g>

      > Anyway, perhaps Bickell, Barry, Leif and Rick will consider going back to
      > the way it was. I'd do it but not being a moderator means we cannot make
      > changes. As it exists today, it sucks !!! It also sucks when one of the
      > moderators emails keep bouncing which I noticed is happening.

      Let me get this straight... what you're saying is that none of the
      current moderators (active, for want of a better word) has the keys to
      this shuttle bus? You can open and close the door but that's it?

      FUBAR!

      --
      Enjoy,

      /Bob/
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      email: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

    • suesarkis2001
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24 7:45 PM
        Bob said -

        Both reasonable actions AFAIK. Perhaps a 30 day moderation period for
        new (and unknown) users would be apropos.

        Sue says - I agree

        Bob said -

        That's throne and good to hear on the second but I must say that if the
        last sentence is true, god (or whomever) help us all!<g>

        Sue says - I swear I typed throne. So be it for spell check.

        Bob said -

        Let me get this straight... what you're saying is that none of the
        current moderators (active, for want of a better word) has the keys to
        this shuttle bus? You can open and close the door but that's it?

        Sue says - Nope. They all have the ability to make the changes.