Oops, I think I used the wrong address

  • suesarkis2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
      I'm posting this here as I believe the reply address wouldn't work.

      Bob -

      I had said basically the same to Rick in private.

      What I don't understand are the changes. Why were they made as they
      really weren't necessary? When I received an email advising me that the list
      belonged to me and I was now the owner, although quite shocked, I considered
      whether or not I wanted such responsibility. I went over and examined the
      rules and made one or two minimal changes.

      It used to be that all new subscribers were automatically moderated for
      the first 2 weeks which, in the case of this list, was a great idea.
      Remember, this list is open to anyone and everyone. Moderating newbies keeps out
      the unwanted SPAM and crap. I also went over and unmoderated longtime
      members who obviously had a problem with a moderator or two and gave them
      enough rope. All went well.

      I feel like a real heel for having abdicated the thrown a while back but
      my life situation had changed due to health related matters. Soon I will be
      back to normal, I hope.

      Anyway, perhaps Bickell, Barry, Leif and Rick will consider going back to
      the way it was. I'd do it but not being a moderator means we cannot make
      changes. As it exists today, it sucks !!! It also sucks when one of the
      moderators emails keep bouncing which I noticed is happening.

      Sincerely,
      Sue

      In a message dated 6/24/2013 12:35:17 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      rth@... writes:

      On 6/24/2013 11:18 AM, RickyG wrote:

      I understand the gripe.

      My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here
      than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have
      gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group.
      So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why
      are they moderators?

      Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is
      fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my
      office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There
      are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is
      not like I am the only moderator here.

      Agree in part, disagree in part.

      I'm with Sue and with everyone else who feels that the usefulness of these
      lists (note that I am NOT singling out infoguys) is being emasculated by
      poorly thought out and/or executed moderation.

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        On 6/24/2013 4:02 PM, suesarkis@... wrote:

        > It used to be that all new subscribers were automatically moderated for
        > the first 2 weeks which, in the case of this list, was a great idea.
        > Remember, this list is open to anyone and everyone. Moderating newbies keeps out
        > the unwanted SPAM and crap. I also went over and unmoderated longtime
        > members who obviously had a problem with a moderator or two and gave them
        > enough rope. All went well.

        Both reasonable actions AFAIK. Perhaps a 30 day moderation period for
        new (and unknown) users would be apropos.

        > I feel like a real heel for having abdicated the thrown a while back but
        > my life situation had changed due to health related matters. Soon I will be
        > back to normal, I hope.

        That's throne and good to hear on the second but I must say that if the
        last sentence is true, god (or whomever) help us all!<g>

        > Anyway, perhaps Bickell, Barry, Leif and Rick will consider going back to
        > the way it was. I'd do it but not being a moderator means we cannot make
        > changes. As it exists today, it sucks !!! It also sucks when one of the
        > moderators emails keep bouncing which I noticed is happening.

        Let me get this straight... what you're saying is that none of the
        current moderators (active, for want of a better word) has the keys to
        this shuttle bus? You can open and close the door but that's it?

        FUBAR!

        --
        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

      • suesarkis2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
          Bob said -

          Both reasonable actions AFAIK. Perhaps a 30 day moderation period for
          new (and unknown) users would be apropos.

          Sue says - I agree

          Bob said -

          That's throne and good to hear on the second but I must say that if the
          last sentence is true, god (or whomever) help us all!<g>

          Sue says - I swear I typed throne. So be it for spell check.

          Bob said -

          Let me get this straight... what you're saying is that none of the
          current moderators (active, for want of a better word) has the keys to
          this shuttle bus? You can open and close the door but that's it?

          Sue says - Nope. They all have the ability to make the changes.