Re: [infoguys-list] Re: [NNPI] Investigators needed for W/C Surveillance- Gil...

  • Dee Holmes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      I'm curious, who owns the site?  who started it?

      Dondi(Dee)Lucia Frigerio-Holmes
      The Looking Glass, LLC
      Phoenix, AZ 85008
      AZ License #1597140 & 1597141
      phone:623/252-2223
      www.thelookingglassinvestigations.com
      Member of IOA, SCFIA, Infragard

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
        On 6/24/2013 11:18 AM, RickyG wrote:
        > I understand the gripe.
        >
        > My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group. So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why are they moderators?
        >
        > Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is not like I am the only moderator here.
        *
        **Agree in part, disagree in part.**
        **
        **I'm with Sue and with everyone else who feels that the usefulness of
        these lists (note that I am NOT singling out infoguys) is being
        emasculated by poorly thought out and/or executed moderation.**
        **
        **We see this all the time... We'll download e-mail and along comes a
        block of five, ten or fifteen messages from "Group X" which seeks
        assistance in East Armpit, NJ tonight! June 23rd. Only trouble is the
        message was released by the moderator on June 25th and that's when we're
        first seeing it. There used to be an "espionage-like" group run by a
        so-called computer scientist. She would frequently pull this crap and
        then excuse it by saying the internet screwed up and the messages were
        "trapped someplace." Apparently this so-called computer scientist had
        not learned how to analyze full message headers. Had she known how to do
        that, she'd have realized that most of the folks on her list could do
        exactly that and thought she was a self-righteous, holier than thou
        liar**... but I digress.**
        **
        **For these lists to be be both moderated in the present form of the
        term moderation and remain effective in their primary mission: timely
        delivery of information and locating of subs to handle assists, one of
        two things must happen:**
        **
        **1) somebody has to monitor the lists 24/7 and proactively moderate.
        Anything else is a joke, or**
        **
        **2) switch to "reactive moderation" by posting (at time of list joining
        and perhaps an automated message once per week) the list rules which
        shall be clear, concise and unambiguous. Remove the need for message
        approval for everyone. The first time you screw up, you're placed in
        purgatory where your posts will be moderated and MAY be approved the
        same day or maybe not, for 30 days. The second offense is a capital
        offense and you are banned from the list. No whining, no crying. We're
        all supposedly adults.**
        **
        **Life has choices, choices have consequences. The choices we have are
        the result of the choices we've made!

        The rules, by the way, do not have to include "works and plays well with
        others," "no criticizing others (computer puke was great on that one,
        except for her own soap boxing)"

        I would not tolerate out and out slander such as calling somebody's
        mother or wife a whore (unless you post video or a scanned receipt
        backing it up), or calling somebody a thief, etc. Just the facts, Maam
        and let us figure it out.

        I've always felt that by moderating a group, the moderator/listowner was
        buying into liability that they needn't buy into. If you run this
        unmoderated and I post that John Q. Public is pedophile who lives at
        4521 Main St, East Armpit, NJ and he isn't... well, my bad. If he
        finds out about it and suffers a loss, he can certainly go after me. If
        I post that and the moderator here let's it slip through - and everyone
        knows that each post is personally approved by a moderator - hasn't that
        moderator just bought into my liability? I mean, he (allegedly) read
        it, considered it and then published it. I think the situation is
        analogous to that of a newspaper publisher. Anyone can say anything
        about anyone but once it's approved for publication and you cannot prove
        it you have a problem. So why - other than some computer scientist
        control freaks need to feel "wanted" and "needed" would you every stick
        your head on the chopping block?

        ***

        --
        Enjoy,

        /Bob/
        Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
        Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
        email: inquiry@... or rth@...
        Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

      • suesarkis2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
          it was originally started by Bill Shelton. He then turned it over to
          Leif, I do believe, who then turned it over to Barry. I cannot remember
          whether it was Leif who informed me or Barry but I had just received an email one
          day informing me I was the new owner. I didn't mind as there were
          multiple moderators.

          Today's moderators, I do believe, are Rick, Barry, Bickell and Leif.
          However, there is a possibility that Bickell's emails are bouncing and if so,
          she's not doing much moderating since she isn't receiving the emails.

          Hope this answers your question.

          Sincerely,
          Sue

          In a message dated 6/24/2013 3:31:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

[...]

          _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

          RMRI, Inc. Blog

          http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/

          --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_