Re: [NNPI] Investigators needed for W/C Surveillance- Gil...

  • RickyG
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      I understand the gripe.

      My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group. So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why are they moderators?

      Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is not like I am the only moderator here.

      Rick Gurley

      Agency License Number: 2011001124

      Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley

      Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

      Company Number: (877) 571-7486

      Office Number: (573) 234-6876

      Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476

      Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800

      EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

      RMRI, Inc. Website

      http://www.rmriinc.com

      RMRI, Inc. Blog

      http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/

      > I am going to bitch to this list. I've been a moderator here and even a
      > list owner here and I have never seen such a wanton, reckless disregard for
      > the needs of the members. What good is this list when an inquiry and a
      > "taken" notice are posted within 8 seconds? What good is the list when a member
      > has a great need for something to be done "tonight" when "tonight" is
      > already over before it even posts?
      >
      > The current moderators should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!
      >
      > Rick, I don't want to hear any crap about how busy you are. You assumed a
      > position and have abdicated your duties along with the others !!!!
      >
      > Respectfully submitted,
      > Sue
      >

      > In a message dated 6/21/2013 10:58:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      > jcecklund912@... writes:
      >

      > I have these cases assigned. Thank you for your responses.
      >
      > Respectfully,
      >
      > John Ecklund
      > Licensed Private Investigator
      > ECKLUND & ASSOCIATES
      > P.O. Box 6882
      > LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 64064
      > Direct:816-509-3836
      > Fax:816-503-9827
      >
      > http://www.kcinvestigations.com/
      > http://kcpimetro.com/
      >
      > Email: _jcecklund912@..._ (mailto:jcecklund912@...)
      >
      > Kansas,Missouri,Colorado,Wyoming
      >
      > Kansas Private Detective License D-4500
      > Missouri PI License 2010012012
      >
      > Jackson County Sixteenth Circuit Court
      > Private Process Server PPS13-0338
      >
      > Member: NAIS ACI
      >
      > The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
      > Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
      > for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
      > confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
      > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
      > information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
      > prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
> [...]
    • Dee Holmes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
        I'm curious, who owns the site?  who started it?

        Dondi(Dee)Lucia Frigerio-Holmes
        The Looking Glass, LLC
        Phoenix, AZ 85008
        AZ License #1597140 & 1597141
        phone:623/252-2223
        www.thelookingglassinvestigations.com
        Member of IOA, SCFIA, Infragard

        ________________________________
> [...]

        > http://www.kcinvestigations.com/
        > http://kcpimetro.com/
        >
        > Email: _jcecklund912@..._ (mailto:jcecklund912@...)
        >
        > Kansas,Missouri,Colorado,Wyoming
        >
        > Kansas Private Detective License D-4500
        > Missouri PI License 2010012012
        >
        > Jackson County Sixteenth Circuit Court
        > Private Process Server PPS13-0338
        >
        > Member: NAIS ACI
        >
        > The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
        > Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
        > for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
        > confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
        > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
        > information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
        > prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and

      • Bob Hrodey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
          On 6/24/2013 11:18 AM, RickyG wrote:
          > I understand the gripe.
          >
          > My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group. So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why are they moderators?
          >
          > Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is not like I am the only moderator here.
          *
          **Agree in part, disagree in part.**
          **
          **I'm with Sue and with everyone else who feels that the usefulness of
          these lists (note that I am NOT singling out infoguys) is being
          emasculated by poorly thought out and/or executed moderation.**
          **
          **We see this all the time... We'll download e-mail and along comes a
          block of five, ten or fifteen messages from "Group X" which seeks
          assistance in East Armpit, NJ tonight! June 23rd. Only trouble is the
          message was released by the moderator on June 25th and that's when we're
          first seeing it. There used to be an "espionage-like" group run by a
          so-called computer scientist. She would frequently pull this crap and
          then excuse it by saying the internet screwed up and the messages were
          "trapped someplace." Apparently this so-called computer scientist had
          not learned how to analyze full message headers. Had she known how to do
          that, she'd have realized that most of the folks on her list could do
          exactly that and thought she was a self-righteous, holier than thou
          liar**... but I digress.**
          **
          **For these lists to be be both moderated in the present form of the
          term moderation and remain effective in their primary mission: timely
          delivery of information and locating of subs to handle assists, one of
          two things must happen:**
          **
          **1) somebody has to monitor the lists 24/7 and proactively moderate.
          Anything else is a joke, or**
          **
          **2) switch to "reactive moderation" by posting (at time of list joining
          and perhaps an automated message once per week) the list rules which
          shall be clear, concise and unambiguous. Remove the need for message
          approval for everyone. The first time you screw up, you're placed in
          purgatory where your posts will be moderated and MAY be approved the
          same day or maybe not, for 30 days. The second offense is a capital
          offense and you are banned from the list. No whining, no crying. We're
          all supposedly adults.**
          **
          **Life has choices, choices have consequences. The choices we have are
          the result of the choices we've made!

          The rules, by the way, do not have to include "works and plays well with
          others," "no criticizing others (computer puke was great on that one,
          except for her own soap boxing)"

          I would not tolerate out and out slander such as calling somebody's
          mother or wife a whore (unless you post video or a scanned receipt
          backing it up), or calling somebody a thief, etc. Just the facts, Maam
          and let us figure it out.

          I've always felt that by moderating a group, the moderator/listowner was
          buying into liability that they needn't buy into. If you run this
          unmoderated and I post that John Q. Public is pedophile who lives at
          4521 Main St, East Armpit, NJ and he isn't... well, my bad. If he
          finds out about it and suffers a loss, he can certainly go after me. If
          I post that and the moderator here let's it slip through - and everyone
          knows that each post is personally approved by a moderator - hasn't that
          moderator just bought into my liability? I mean, he (allegedly) read
          it, considered it and then published it. I think the situation is
          analogous to that of a newspaper publisher. Anyone can say anything
          about anyone but once it's approved for publication and you cannot prove
          it you have a problem. So why - other than some computer scientist
          control freaks need to feel "wanted" and "needed" would you every stick
          your head on the chopping block?

          ***

          --
          Enjoy,

          /Bob/
          Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
          Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
          email: inquiry@... or rth@...
          Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

        • suesarkis2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
            it was originally started by Bill Shelton. He then turned it over to
            Leif, I do believe, who then turned it over to Barry. I cannot remember
            whether it was Leif who informed me or Barry but I had just received an email one
            day informing me I was the new owner. I didn't mind as there were
            multiple moderators.

            Today's moderators, I do believe, are Rick, Barry, Bickell and Leif.
            However, there is a possibility that Bickell's emails are bouncing and if so,
            she's not doing much moderating since she isn't receiving the emails.

            Hope this answers your question.

            Sincerely,
            Sue

            In a message dated 6/24/2013 3:31:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

[...]

            _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

            RMRI, Inc. Blog

            http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/

            --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_