Re: [infoguys-list] Re: [NNPI] Investigators needed for W/C Surveillance- Gil...

  • suesarkis2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 21 11:08 PM
      I am going to bitch to this list. I've been a moderator here and even a
      list owner here and I have never seen such a wanton, reckless disregard for
      the needs of the members. What good is this list when an inquiry and a
      "taken" notice are posted within 8 seconds? What good is the list when a member
      has a great need for something to be done "tonight" when "tonight" is
      already over before it even posts?

      The current moderators should be ashamed of themselves !!!!!

      Rick, I don't want to hear any crap about how busy you are. You assumed a
      position and have abdicated your duties along with the others !!!!

      Respectfully submitted,
      Sue

      In a message dated 6/21/2013 10:58:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      jcecklund912@... writes:

      I have these cases assigned. Thank you for your responses.

      Respectfully,

      John Ecklund
      Licensed Private Investigator
      ECKLUND & ASSOCIATES
      P.O. Box 6882
      LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 64064
      Direct:816-509-3836
      Fax:816-503-9827

      http://www.kcinvestigations.com/
      http://kcpimetro.com/

      Email: _jcecklund912@..._ (mailto:jcecklund912@...)

      Kansas,Missouri,Colorado,Wyoming

      Kansas Private Detective License D-4500
      Missouri PI License 2010012012

      Jackson County Sixteenth Circuit Court
      Private Process Server PPS13-0338

      Member: NAIS ACI

      The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
      Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
      for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
      dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
      information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
      delete the material from any computer.

      ________________________________
      From: ECKLUND & ASSOCIATES <_jcecklund912@..._
      (mailto:jcecklund912@...) >
      To: "_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com) " <_infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com)
      (mailto:Investigator-Notes@yahoogroups.com) " <_Investigator-Notes@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:Investigator-Notes@yahoogroups.com) >; "_PI-Info@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:PI-Info@yahoogroups.com) " <_PI-Info@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:PI-Info@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_pidomestic@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:pidomestic@yahoogroups.com) "
      <_pidomestic@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:pidomestic@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com) " <_private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com_
      (mailto:private-investigators-PInow@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_privateinvestigators@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:privateinvestigators@yahoogroups.com) "
      <_privateinvestigators@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:privateinvestigators@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_surveillance@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:surveillance@yahoogroups.com) "
      <_surveillance@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:surveillance@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_theInvestigators@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:theInvestigators@yahoogroups.com) "
      <_theInvestigators@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:theInvestigators@yahoogroups.com) >;
      "_tristateprivateinvestigators@yahoogroups.com_
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24 9:18 AM
        I understand the gripe.

        My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group. So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why are they moderators?

        Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is not like I am the only moderator here.

        Rick Gurley

        Agency License Number: 2011001124

        Director of Operations: Ricky Gurley

        Private Investigator License Number: 2011001072

        Company Number: (877) 571-7486

        Office Number: (573) 234-6876

        Cell Phone: (573) 529-4476

        Toll Free Fax: (877) 795-9800

        EMERGENCY LINE: (573) 234-4871

        RMRI, Inc. Website

        http://www.rmriinc.com

        RMRI, Inc. Blog

        http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/

> [...]
        >
        > http://www.kcinvestigations.com/
        > http://kcpimetro.com/
        >
        > Email: _jcecklund912@..._ (mailto:jcecklund912@...)
        >
        > Kansas,Missouri,Colorado,Wyoming
        >
        > Kansas Private Detective License D-4500
        > Missouri PI License 2010012012
        >
        > Jackson County Sixteenth Circuit Court
        > Private Process Server PPS13-0338
        >
        > Member: NAIS ACI
        >
        > The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
        > Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
        > for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
        > confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
        > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
        > information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
        > prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and

      • Dee Holmes
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24 9:30 AM
          I'm curious, who owns the site?  who started it?

          Dondi(Dee)Lucia Frigerio-Holmes
          The Looking Glass, LLC
          Phoenix, AZ 85008
          AZ License #1597140 & 1597141
          phone:623/252-2223
          www.thelookingglassinvestigations.com
          Member of IOA, SCFIA, Infragard

          ________________________________
> [...]

          > http://www.kcinvestigations.com/
          > http://kcpimetro.com/
          >
          > Email: _jcecklund912@..._ (mailto:jcecklund912@...)
          >
          > Kansas,Missouri,Colorado,Wyoming
          >
          > Kansas Private Detective License D-4500
          > Missouri PI License 2010012012
          >
          > Jackson County Sixteenth Circuit Court
          > Private Process Server PPS13-0338
          >
          > Member: NAIS ACI
          >
          > The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
          > Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
          > for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain
          > confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
          > dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
          > information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
          > prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and

        • Bob Hrodey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 24 12:35 PM
            On 6/24/2013 11:18 AM, RickyG wrote:
            > I understand the gripe.
            >
            > My only issue with this is that apparently there are more moderators here than just myself. The only posts that I have noticed that seemed to have gotten through by the other moderators was SPAM that I deleted from the group. So, if the other moderators are not going to help me out a little, then why are they moderators?
            >
            > Okay, if the other moderators don't want to moderate the group, that is fine with me. Give up your moderator status, and I'll assign someone at my office to just watch the group daily and put the legitimate posts through. There are times when I simply can not get to the group to put posts though. It is not like I am the only moderator here.
            *
            **Agree in part, disagree in part.**
            **
            **I'm with Sue and with everyone else who feels that the usefulness of
            these lists (note that I am NOT singling out infoguys) is being
            emasculated by poorly thought out and/or executed moderation.**
            **
            **We see this all the time... We'll download e-mail and along comes a
            block of five, ten or fifteen messages from "Group X" which seeks
            assistance in East Armpit, NJ tonight! June 23rd. Only trouble is the
            message was released by the moderator on June 25th and that's when we're
            first seeing it. There used to be an "espionage-like" group run by a
            so-called computer scientist. She would frequently pull this crap and
            then excuse it by saying the internet screwed up and the messages were
            "trapped someplace." Apparently this so-called computer scientist had
            not learned how to analyze full message headers. Had she known how to do
            that, she'd have realized that most of the folks on her list could do
            exactly that and thought she was a self-righteous, holier than thou
            liar**... but I digress.**
            **
            **For these lists to be be both moderated in the present form of the
            term moderation and remain effective in their primary mission: timely
            delivery of information and locating of subs to handle assists, one of
            two things must happen:**
            **
            **1) somebody has to monitor the lists 24/7 and proactively moderate.
            Anything else is a joke, or**
            **
            **2) switch to "reactive moderation" by posting (at time of list joining
            and perhaps an automated message once per week) the list rules which
            shall be clear, concise and unambiguous. Remove the need for message
            approval for everyone. The first time you screw up, you're placed in
            purgatory where your posts will be moderated and MAY be approved the
            same day or maybe not, for 30 days. The second offense is a capital
            offense and you are banned from the list. No whining, no crying. We're
            all supposedly adults.**
            **
            **Life has choices, choices have consequences. The choices we have are
            the result of the choices we've made!

            The rules, by the way, do not have to include "works and plays well with
            others," "no criticizing others (computer puke was great on that one,
            except for her own soap boxing)"

            I would not tolerate out and out slander such as calling somebody's
            mother or wife a whore (unless you post video or a scanned receipt
            backing it up), or calling somebody a thief, etc. Just the facts, Maam
            and let us figure it out.

            I've always felt that by moderating a group, the moderator/listowner was
            buying into liability that they needn't buy into. If you run this
            unmoderated and I post that John Q. Public is pedophile who lives at
            4521 Main St, East Armpit, NJ and he isn't... well, my bad. If he
            finds out about it and suffers a loss, he can certainly go after me. If
            I post that and the moderator here let's it slip through - and everyone
            knows that each post is personally approved by a moderator - hasn't that
            moderator just bought into my liability? I mean, he (allegedly) read
            it, considered it and then published it. I think the situation is
            analogous to that of a newspaper publisher. Anyone can say anything
            about anyone but once it's approved for publication and you cannot prove
            it you have a problem. So why - other than some computer scientist
            control freaks need to feel "wanted" and "needed" would you every stick
            your head on the chopping block?

            ***

            --
            Enjoy,

            /Bob/
            Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
            Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
            email: inquiry@... or rth@...
            Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

          • suesarkis2001
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 24 5:29 PM
              it was originally started by Bill Shelton. He then turned it over to
              Leif, I do believe, who then turned it over to Barry. I cannot remember
              whether it was Leif who informed me or Barry but I had just received an email one
              day informing me I was the new owner. I didn't mind as there were
              multiple moderators.

              Today's moderators, I do believe, are Rick, Barry, Bickell and Leif.
              However, there is a possibility that Bickell's emails are bouncing and if so,
              she's not doing much moderating since she isn't receiving the emails.

              Hope this answers your question.

              Sincerely,
              Sue

              In a message dated 6/24/2013 3:31:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

[...]

              _http://www.rmriinc.com_ (http://www.rmriinc.com/)

              RMRI, Inc. Blog

              http://rmriinc.wordpress.com/

              --- In _infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com_