Re: [infoguys-list] Re: ISPLA News: TLO $109M Liabilities

  • Bob Hrodey
    Message 1 of 7 , May 10, 2013
      On 5/10/2013 12:01 PM, RickyG wrote:
      > Please forgive me Bob, I don't know how to snip this post in such a way that the reader wont miss some information that they may need if they are just coming in and decide to just read this post. I know you like "snipped for relevance" posts. LOL.
      >
      > I don't disagree with anything you wrote in your post. I'd add that it is people like you that stay with companies that are showing signs of having problems that allow these companies to endure and succeed. If TLO makes it through, I hope they are as loyal to you as you are to them.
      >
      > Bankruptcy is not a sign of "definite death to come", but it is problematic. It does cause people to lose faith in the company that is filing. It can cause investors to rethink or pull out altogether. It can cause customers to "jump ship". And overall, it just puts a business under a certain cloud that just does not bode well with potential investors and customers.

      And I don't disagree with anything you're posting either. It's all
      true. My point was that as "users" or "consumers" we really need to
      plot our actions based not on the herd mentality or thinking like
      suppliers or investors but simply as consumers who have access to a good
      product (so far). As an investor, I'd be a lot more concerned with the
      announcement that I am as a consumer which is, quite frankly, not at
      all. TLO will survive or TLO will fail. Nothing that I do or say will
      alter their course. What will be will be. (Cue Doris Day, stage left<g>)

      I'm just pointing out that in our case, while sometimes abandoning a
      sinking ship is a wise move, it makes no more sense here than it would
      if you were standing on the tenth floor of a concrete building and told
      that a waste basket was on fire on the ninth floor and that the fire
      department was there putting it out. Wouldn't make much sense to jump
      out of that 10th floor window.

      > You are absolutely correct as a customer, it costs nothing to ride it out and see where it goes. And as the intelligent PI that you are, if they shut down tomorrow it would not hurt you one bit because you have other data providers that you can use for a "back-up" for lack of a better word. But it is going to be pretty bad for the idiots that rely solely on TLO if TLO can not whither this storm. By the way, have you ever asked yourself if smart people should be so mean to idiots; I mean do you really think the idiots can help being idiots?

      As the saying goes, "ignorance can be cured, stupidity is forever."
      Idiots are idiots are idiots. They are doomed to be what they are and
      can be cured, I think, only by Darwin<g>

      --
      Enjoy,

      /Bob/
      Hrodey & Associates Established 1977
      Woodstock, IL 60098-0366 NCISS, & P.A.W.L.I.
      email: inquiry@... or rth@...
      Illinois License 115-000783 Wisconsin 8045-063

    • Bob Hrodey
      Message 2 of 7 , May 10, 2013
        On 5/10/2013 12:01 PM, RickyG wrote:

        > Shoot me a private email Bob, and I'll recommend a database that I use that I really like. It does cost a bit more than the rest, but the information on it and the options for it are pretty accurate, up-to-date and impressive. You may have already heard of them or even be using them, too.

        And the mystery guest is....?:-D